Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The problem with "One true church claim" by catholics
The problem with "One true church claim" by catholics
I've recently heard "Not that i care" but they say they are the true church and you cant get full salvation unless you join it. This is a rethoric sorta used by catholics to sorta make their claim of oneness of church the true church to follow.

But i saw in Martin Luther movie from 2003 that he mentioned greek christians and that the fourth lateran council opened up to the idea that Cyprian could be wrong (He basically was the one who cannonized the idea of outside the church there is no salvation, which was as early in the 3rd century with the disagreement of baptizing people by heathens) the no salvation outside the church was of course enforced when protestantism became a threat to the establishment of the catholic church.

Although this is straightly from a movie, i did however read some sources confirming this, but i cant be absolutely sure since it was one i found randomly on the internet and i am no scholar so its hard for me to know.

15:52 - 17:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ShgkRQ93o
RE: The problem with "One true church claim" by catholics
Most religious sects claim primacy. The pentecostals do too. I have suffered through both .
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Religion 101:

if an organization does not claim to be the "One True Faith", it is NOT a religion.

I concede MANY people these days are VERY confused by this, but it is VERY TRUE.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The point of every religion is to claim "our shit don't stink."

The mormons are as bad as any.
another Religion 101 item:

if your faith simultaneously claims to be the "One True Faith" and also promotes ecumenism, your faith is NOT the "One True Faith".
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The one true church covered up tens of thousands of child rapes over the course of decades. But I'm sure it was just a one-generation problem and not a long-standing practice that was only exposed because of modern media and the new idea that rape victims need to come forward. Because if it has really been going on for centuries then that would imply hundreds of thousands or even millions of child rapes were willfully ignored by the church. I find that hard to believe, given the church's stellar reputation what with the inquisition, crusades, witch burnings and etc.
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
(August 30, 2016 at 5:55 am)Nihilist Virus Wrote: The one true church covered up tens of thousands of child rapes over the course of decades. But I'm sure it was just a one-generation problem and not a long-standing practice that was only exposed because of modern media and the new idea that rape victims need to come forward. Because if it has really been going on for centuries then that would imply hundreds of thousands or even millions of child rapes were willfully ignored by the church.  I find that hard to believe, given the church's stellar reputation what with the inquisition, crusades, witch burnings and etc.

a one generation problem ??

Um, no.  How about 1500 years worth ??

That's why child sexual abuse is a secret sacrament.

(August 30, 2016 at 11:29 am)vorlon13 Wrote:
(August 30, 2016 at 5:55 am)Nihilist Virus Wrote: The one true church covered up tens of thousands of child rapes over the course of decades. But I'm sure it was just a one-generation problem and not a long-standing practice that was only exposed because of modern media and the new idea that rape victims need to come forward. Because if it has really been going on for centuries then that would imply hundreds of thousands or even millions of child rapes were willfully ignored by the church.  I find that hard to believe, given the church's stellar reputation what with the inquisition, crusades, witch burnings and etc.

a one generation problem ??

Um, no.  How about 1500 years worth ??

That's why child sexual abuse is a secret sacrament.

You fell into the sarchasm big time.
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
I wanted to emphasis on how sarcastic you were there.

1500 years is 15 fucking centuries, and that's just for abuse with concurrence in the church archives

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1294 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 623 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1226 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Traddy Catholics on the ropes? Jehanne 16 2075 July 18, 2021 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Not just catholics! zebo-the-fat 109 9439 June 11, 2019 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2763 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2584 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4536 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7522 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 687 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet