Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2kings 19-21 & Isaiah 37-40. Reptetition?
2kings 19-21 & Isaiah 37-40. Reptetition?
Something interesting was pointed out to me last night. 2kings 19 and isaiah 37 are identical, word for word. I didn't believe it right away so I checked it in my NIV bible and found that it was actually 2kings 19-21 and isaiah 37-40.
2kings 19 Wrote:

Now lets see Isaiah 37. Please note I won't be posting all on the repetitive chapters as it is to much text to be appropriate for a forum post.
isaiah 37 Wrote:

Now the absudity of this may become even clearer I provide a bit of historical information on the two books.
authorship of the book of king Wrote:

Now if look at Isaiah we see something much different.
authorship of the book of isaiah Wrote:

Now if the bible is the inspired word of god, why do 2 books written 100-200 some years apart contain such a blatant duplication?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: 2kings 19-21 & Isaiah 37-40. Reptetition?
If for no other reason than to let us know why all four gospels do not share a more similar account.
(January 12, 2014 at 11:08 pm)Drich Wrote: If for no other reason than to let us know why all four gospels do not share a more similar account.

The reason the gospels are vary so differently is because they all written by authors that had no contact with each other and little to no contact with with anything that was better then 2nd hand information and on top of that all of the gospels are originally writting in koine while Jesus most likely taught in aramaic. Thats why they contradict.
Signifying nothing.
(January 12, 2014 at 11:19 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(January 12, 2014 at 11:08 pm)Drich Wrote: If for no other reason than to let us know why all four gospels do not share a more similar account.

The reason the gospels are vary so differently is because they all written by authors that had no contact with each other and little to no contact with with anything that was better then 2nd hand information and on top of that all of the gospels are originally writting in koine while Jesus most likely taught in aramaic. Thats why they contradict.
You do know the bible was later compiled in the third century right? If the gospels contradicted each other why weren't the offending books they omitted? Not all of the 'gospels' made the final cut, why were they four allowed to remain?
(January 12, 2014 at 11:31 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 12, 2014 at 11:19 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: The reason the gospels are vary so differently is because they all written by authors that had no contact with each other and little to no contact with with anything that was better then 2nd hand information and on top of that all of the gospels are originally writting in koine while Jesus most likely taught in aramaic. Thats why they contradict.
You do know the bible was later compiled in the third century right? If the gospels contradicted each other why weren't the offending books they omitted? Not all of the 'gospels' made the final cut, why were they four allowed to remain?

Because they had a agenda and those 4 books best suited the doctrines they wanted to push.
Signifying nothing.
(January 13, 2014 at 12:10 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(January 12, 2014 at 11:31 pm)Drich Wrote: You do know the bible was later compiled in the third century right? If the gospels contradicted each other why weren't the offending books they omitted? Not all of the 'gospels' made the final cut, why were they four allowed to remain?

Because they had a agenda and those 4 books best suited the doctrines they wanted to push.

If you look at the history and direction of the church after the bible was compiled the 'doctrines they wanted to push' do not lend themselves to what was written in the bible. Which is why for nearly 1000 years the only copies being made were translated into a dead language and kept from the general public.
(January 13, 2014 at 12:19 am)Drich Wrote:
(January 13, 2014 at 12:10 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Because they had a agenda and those 4 books best suited the doctrines they wanted to push.

If you look at the history and direction of the church after the bible was compiled the 'doctrines they wanted to push' do not lend themselves to what was written in the bible. Which is why for nearly 1000 years the only copies being made were translated into a dead language and kept from the general public.

I think one could argue that the ones that disagreed with the bible came much later.
Signifying nothing.
New one to me too Lemon.

Very odd, Editing issues?
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(January 13, 2014 at 2:26 am)max-greece Wrote: New one to me too Lemon.

Very odd, Editing issues?

It is in the NIV, KJV and American standard. And that is just the ones I verified.
Signifying nothing.
(January 13, 2014 at 12:42 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(January 13, 2014 at 12:19 am)Drich Wrote: If you look at the history and direction of the church after the bible was compiled the 'doctrines they wanted to push' do not lend themselves to what was written in the bible. Which is why for nearly 1000 years the only copies being made were translated into a dead language and kept from the general public.

I think one could argue that the ones that disagreed with the bible came much later.

The bible was translated into Latin 50 years (by some estimates) after it was compiled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the issues with Isaiah 28.10 dyresand 31 4373 March 9, 2015 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Isaiah 17 themonkeyman 10 2779 August 30, 2013 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help! Questions about Isaiah 43 elly 6 3113 December 8, 2011 at 3:47 am
Last Post: elly