Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Islam is a religion of peace why did it expand through military conquests?
If Islam is a religion of peace why did it expand through military conquests?
The vast majority Muslims seem perfectly peaceful to me but historically wasn't Islam as a faith a little bit warlike to begin with? You have all this land being conquered and major battle sites on the map here.

How do reconcile this aspect of the Islam with the principal that it was founded on the ideals of peace? If it was peaceful to begin with why didn't spread peacefully? Why didn't people just convert over to it on hearing how good and appealing it was as a true peace loving faith?
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
RE: If Islam is a religion of peace why did it expand through military conquests?
It is not a religion of peace. Right now Moslems are using mass immigration to conquer the West.
RE: If Islam is a religion of peace why did it expand through military conquests?
What Id like to know is if they're so peaceful why do they feel the need to shoot this little girl?

[Image: 95C0FDAC-C904-4B8A-8749-AD8D89AB4753_zpsyngktexm.jpg]
Islam is literally a religion of terror. Quran filled with fear and threat messages.

[Image: 23Pf2mB.jpg]
I don't really know why anyone who is trying to follow the teachings of allah/Yahweh would ever consider themselves a religion of peace. Christianity isn't a peaceful religion, and Jesus was considerably more peaceful than his dad.

Actually I've heard that the qur'an kind of did the reverse of the bible. It starts off good, but eventually goes violent. The bible starts off violent, then becomes better towards the end. Aside from the invention of hell.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I really tried to read the Koran, and I will continue to try, but the first 10 pages are already filled with such brutal bullshit - especially about nonbelievers. Chastise the nonbelievers!
(January 17, 2014 at 11:13 am)Psykhronic Wrote: I really tried to read the Koran, and I will continue to try, but the first 10 pages are already filled with such brutal bullshit - especially about nonbelievers. Chastise the nonbelievers!
Not to mention that the first 40 pages are about Moses sacrificing a cow.
Sometimes you just want a steak!
(January 17, 2014 at 11:47 am)Minimalist Wrote: Sometimes you just want a steak!

I could eat...who wants a burger?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 17, 2014 at 9:48 am)EgoRaptor Wrote: It is not a religion of peace. Right now Moslems are using mass immigration to conquer the West.

They're conquering it non-militarily from within mainly through reproduction so that's the peaceful way of doing it and they're probably going to succeed. There still a few Jihadists but I'm sure if they're deviants to the faith or kind harking back to how the faith began to start with.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 7672 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Freedom and peace in the Qur'an KuranMumini19 46 5124 May 7, 2020 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection]: Jonah -peace be upon him- and the whale WinterHold 22 3698 December 26, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7842 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  I read through the 6 sunni hadiths now Sora0213 9 966 September 16, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Is deceit allowed in Islam to spread the religion? Saik 13 1161 August 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 673 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Islam; The religion like I see it (II) WinterHold 26 7696 November 6, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13932 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Moses peace be upon him, very short tale. WinterHold 18 4219 March 8, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist