Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um help please?
Um help please?
How to make a poll?
RE: Um help please?
So... when you start a new thread, at the bottom, but right above the buttons to post the thread or preview the post, you'll find a section dedicated to the poll.
There's a checkbox with the label "I want to post a poll".
And beneath that label, there's the "Number of options:" for your poll. There is a default value already present and it's 2.

You then press the "Post Thread" button and you'll have a page where you can define the various poll options:
Question - The question you want to pose on your poll.
Number of options - it seems you can update this value, so you're not restricted to what you mentioned on the previous page.
Poll options - The replies to the question in which users will vote; one text box for each option, labeled "option 1", "option 2", "option 3", etc...
Options - two check boxes, the first allows multiple choice votes, the other makes it a public poll, where users can see who voted for what
Poll timeout - Number of days that your poll is to be active. The default value of 0 is already filled in, meaning the poll lasts forever.

Press the "post new poll" button and you're done! Smile
Thank you

Um I don't think it's working, unless this is something you can't do on mobile
(January 17, 2014 at 3:28 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Thank you

Um I don't think it's working, unless this is something you can't do on mobile
hmmm... indeed. That option is missing on the mobile version of the site.
Can you navigate the full site?
You can switch to the full site, by using the link at the very bottom that says "Switch to Full Version".

To switch back to the mobile version, also at the bottom, but not the very bottom, you have a bar with several links:
Contact Us
Atheist Forums
Return to Top
Mobile Version (this is the one you want)
RSS Syndication | Awards
Help
Hall of Shame

I understand this may be tricky for you.
If you wish, you can send me a PM with your requirements and I'll start your poll and then reply to your PM with the link to the poll.
Okay so I tried to switch to the full version and my formatting went to hell that was a bad idea. I just barely managed to switch, I think I'll just give up on making a poll. But thank you for your help!
Yes, the full version is a bit different and has some extra content that you're not used to...
Oh well, if at any time you wish to start a poll, the offer still stands.
Hi admin people I gots issues! The spoiler button thingy doesn't work! Help pretty please!
(January 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Hi admin people I gots issues! The spoiler button thingy doesn't work! Help pretty please!

What do you mean by it "doesn't work"? Can you be more specific?
I press the button and it doesn't do anything

Unless someone is just messing with me
(January 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Hi admin people I gots issues! The spoiler button thingy doesn't work! Help pretty please!

(January 18, 2014 at 2:54 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I press the button and it doesn't do anything

Unless someone is just messing with me

?????
Which button?
You make a spoiler tag like this:
Code:
[spoiler] Insert Text Here [/spoiler]

Or do you mean something else? Is text not displaying when you click it?
(and no I'm not an admin)
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I please haz hugs? Losty 63 12076 May 1, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Please Make This Thread a Sticky in the Philosophy Forum Rhondazvous 1 1151 March 10, 2017 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Please Allow Me to Edit this Post Rhondazvous 18 2559 December 30, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  PLEASE add Soundcloud support bennyboy 73 6562 June 29, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Please remove the gender identifier. Pyrrho 48 7736 May 27, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Please help me, urgent Foxaèr 17 2737 April 15, 2015 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Mods.. please cry like a baby here fr0d0 83 10567 September 13, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Everything I write turns into 'undefined' please help Bad Wolf 6 1997 December 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Private Profiles, Please RonaldReagansGhost666 10 2884 March 9, 2013 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  Regarding our Rule on Insults (Please read post before voting) Eilonnwy 51 24067 July 28, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious