Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism Leads to Inequality
Atheism Leads to Inequality
My friend said this today:

Quote:""Equality is a lie concocted by inferior people who arrange themselves in herds to overpower those who are naturally superior to them. The morality of 'equal rights' is here mortality, and because it opposes the cultivation of superior individuals, it leads to the corruption if the human species."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Nietzsche was one of the worlds most known and influential atheist philosophers, and this is what he thinks of human value. I'm not going to lie, he is much more honest than these "New Atheists" (Dawkins, Harris, Dennet, Hitchens). From their standpoint, they have no right to claim human equality. This is where atheism gets us."

Why do all Christians think morality has to be divinely inspired, and that if we don't believe in God, and only in the material world, there is no morality? So what if it's subjective? That doesn't mean we can't work to do good things for others and live better lives. I take it as an insult when they flaunt their *moral superiority* in my face.
"The consolations of philosophy and the beauties of science; these things are infinitely more awe-inspiring and regenerating and majestic than any invocation of the burning bush or doctrine." - Christopher Hitchens
RE: Atheism Leads to Inequality
Your friend is a moron.

Quote:Nietzsche was one of the worlds most known and influential atheist philosophers, and this is what he thinks of human value. I'm not going to lie, he is much more honest than these "New Atheists" (Dawkins, Harris, Dennet, Hitchens). From their standpoint, they have no right to claim human equality. This is where atheism gets us."

Oh, I get it. Since the Nietzsche quote he posted agrees with his bigoted view of atheists, Nietzsche must be the honest one.

And any atheist that says something that does no agree with his bigotry, must be dishonest.

Confirmation bias at its most obvious.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
I always love when Christians quote Nietzche, especially when it's bloody obvious they haven't actually read his work, but just tried Googling some seemingly incriminating phrase, and assuming either a) all atheists believe that,
b) that Nietzche spoke for all atheists or c) that atheists who don't hold it are being inconsistent.

Basically, schmucks like that can just fuck off as far as I'm concerned. How would they respond if I quoted Kierkegaard, one of the heavy-hitters in Christian philosophy, that all faith is irrational. Lo, he insisted that to have faith was a palpable affirmation of the intrinsically irrational, and thus requires a "leap to faith", which has unfortunately been mistranslated and popularized as the "leap of faith". I bet they'd be pretty pissed, and say that Kierkegaard does not speak for all Christians.... and then not realize the blatant hypocrisy they're in.
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
Your friend is a fucking idiot.

It is blatantly obvious that people are not equal in talent/ability. This explains why our species can produce an Einstein AND a Sarah Palin.

However, all people are supposed to be treated equally under the law. A tenet which rich motherfuckers are doing their best to undermine with the help of their jesus freak allies.
Wait, Nietzsche said that?

I guess that means that, as an atheist, I must believe it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Yeah, the Nietzsche quote is part of a whole philosophical system of Nietzsche's invention. Pulling a few bits out of it, and likening it to what a typical atheist believes is just wrong. Quote mining, pure and simple.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Christians accusing all atheists of having that mindset is like atheists accusing all christians of protesting military funerals.
(January 20, 2014 at 2:52 pm)InevitableCheese Wrote: My friend said this today:

Quote:""Equality is a lie concocted by inferior people who arrange themselves in herds to overpower those who are naturally superior to them. The morality of 'equal rights' is here mortality, and because it opposes the cultivation of superior individuals, it leads to the corruption if the human species."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Nietzsche was one of the worlds most known and influential atheist philosophers, and this is what he thinks of human value. I'm not going to lie, he is much more honest than these "New Atheists" (Dawkins, Harris, Dennet, Hitchens). From their standpoint, they have no right to claim human equality. This is where atheism gets us."

Why do all Christians think morality has to be divinely inspired, and that if we don't believe in God, and only in the material world, there is no morality? So what if it's subjective? That doesn't mean we can't work to do good things for others and live better lives. I take it as an insult when they flaunt their *moral superiority* in my face.

I never understand what Christians think they achieve when they pretend to render themselves unable to project meaning into the world, without a god whom they project meaning onto. It's just kicking the can down the road. "I can't decide what is meaningful so I'll have God decide what is meaningful..." Strangely, they're indecisiveness ceases to exist when it is asked how they know that God is meaningful.
Yeah, I don't have friends like that.
Quote:The atheist is obligate, by logical implications of naturalistic philosophies, to oppose anything that would allow for the human race to not advance. Gay marriage, free compulsory education, democracy. They would also have to admit the morality of slavery all things considered. What is being said is that Atheists have no reason to suppose that their is a predisposed moral framework and that they could not in any way condemn people for doing what they wished according to their own standpoints. While many people would say that murder is wrong, it is simply practical, murder is wrong because we do not want to get murdered.

Quote:You could potentially say it is wrong for yourself, but that's as far as it can go. An atheist can say, "I don't want to kill people because I don't like the fact that other people have to suffer and die." However, you cannot say that someone else doesn't have the right to kill someone, because you would be developing an objective moral framework without an objective lawgiver.

Quote: where can they draw an objective line and say "this is wrong." You can't, if God is not in the picture.

I'm sure there's a lot of ideas about objective and subjective morality outside of the Bible. Isn't there a whole section of philosophy for the subject?
"The consolations of philosophy and the beauties of science; these things are infinitely more awe-inspiring and regenerating and majestic than any invocation of the burning bush or doctrine." - Christopher Hitchens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27082 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12451 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12122 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10464 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  The Making of an Atheist: How Immorality Leads to Unbelief little_monkey 35 14313 July 26, 2013 at 11:42 am
Last Post: genkaus
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 11995 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38053 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack