Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The whole Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate
The whole Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate
Aside from the whole controversy of whether or not Bill's decision to agree to this debate is giving credibility to a crackpot's superstition, I think it's absolutely hilarious when I read how many churches are streaming this debate for their congregation. Do they realize that Nye is going to DESTROY Ham?
RE: The whole Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate
Don't be so fast, Nye hasn't had any real debating experience and could come off REALLY bad.
Maybe not in eloquence, but he's going to have a compilation of scientific facts supporting evolution, something Ham will have none of to support his argument. In other words Ham will simply be thumping the bible the whole time.

By guess is that after the debate creationists will point out every one of Nye's "um's" and moments of silent thought as "proof" that his argument is somehow invalid.
(January 23, 2014 at 5:09 pm)Boris Karloff Wrote: Aside from the whole controversy of whether or not Bill's decision to agree to this debate is giving credibility to a crackpot's superstition, I think it's absolutely hilarious when I read how many churches are streaming this debate for their congregation. Do they realize that Nye is going to DESTROY Ham?

They'll hear what they want to hear. I imagine regardless of what happens most will have the same opinion as when it started.
Meh, won't bother with it, debating a creatard is like playing chess with a pigeon, Ham will knock all the pieces, shit all over the board and end up strutting around claiming victory. And his audience will get a boost on their confirmation bias.

Seriously, how can you debate science with an idiot that doesn't understand or comprehend science?
(January 23, 2014 at 5:24 pm)Boris Karloff Wrote: Maybe not in eloquence, but he's going to have a compilation of scientific facts supporting evolution, something Ham will have none of to support his argument. In other words Ham will simply be thumping the bible the whole time.

By guess is that after the debate creationists will point out every one of Nye's "um's" and moments of silent thought as "proof" that his argument is somehow invalid.

It doesn't matter what facts Ny has, if you don't know how to get them out they are useless.
And if your opponent is not interested in facts it doesn't matter either.
Watching debates on youtube was one of the key factors in my dropping Christianity. Most people will plug their ears and turn away...but a few might turn to a more liberal Christianity. More liberal Christians might drop it all together. Alittle good might come of it!

I would LOVE to see a pastor get nervous and cut off the stream mid-debate lol
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people." - House

Debating most religious people is a lesson in futility. They are going to come away thinking they won either way, because they don't really listen to what you're saying. They just wait for you to stop talking so they can talk.
Ham is already using the fact that the debate is occurring to push propaganda that there's a significant debate within actual science circles - not just between creationists and actual scientists - about whether evolution is real or not.

The dishonesty of the creationists knows no bounds, once again.

It's a mistake to give any credibility to these idiots by debating them.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck Ken Ham and the Rest of The Creatards Minimalist 7 1533 April 18, 2017 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Ken Ham's Ark Debunked in One Picture Mechaghostman2 62 7591 August 16, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Ohio's antiscience bill unimproved Dolorian 7 1719 September 9, 2014 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Bill Nye vs Isaac Newton hobie 1 904 June 25, 2014 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Important Debate Question Ksa 24 4017 May 21, 2014 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  The Great Debate. Zen Badger 44 9518 January 6, 2014 at 2:12 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  A New Twist in the Climate Change Debate? ManMachine 11 4820 August 12, 2013 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Republicans Introduces Bill To Require Political Approval Of Scientific Papers Gooders1002 18 6328 May 7, 2013 at 6:11 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Bill O'Reilly punks Richard Dawkins A Theist 45 28686 October 8, 2011 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Captain Scarlet
  Expelled Showing & Debate in London Tiberius 10 2788 January 17, 2010 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Rob