Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say
It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say
My favorite lines of the editorial, the clinchers in fact:

It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say about the way our brain works to make decisions, because God was the one who hardwired us. We make the decisions the way we do because He granted us that freedom."

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/opin...uWMkdIo7Mw
RE: It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say
Shame. Cute, too. Too bad she's so fucked up.
Quote:It took a while for me to gather enough data in my brain to decide that it only makes sense that we have free will and it was given to us by Jesus Christ. As a warning, if you don’t believe in Christ and you don’t believe in the Bible, then you will not believe my argument.

In other words, "If you don't already believe that Goddidit, you won't believe me when I tell you that Goddidit. But if you already believe that Goddidit, then you don't need me to tell you that Goddidit. I love the sound of my own voice. *derp*"

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 26, 2014 at 7:22 pm)rasetsu Wrote:
Quote:It took a while for me to gather enough data in my brain to decide that it only makes sense that we have free will and it was given to us by Jesus Christ. As a warning, if you don’t believe in Christ and you don’t believe in the Bible, then you will not believe my argument.

In other words, "If you don't already believe that Goddidit, you won't believe me when I tell you that Goddidit. But if you already believe that Goddidit, then you don't need me to tell you that Goddidit. I love the sound of my own voice. *derp*"

I like that she concludes we are indeed hard-wired, but so long as it by God, we are free! Ho-ray! Banish those evil neurons!
She should stop while she's ahead and just put her face in a food processor.
There was a kid who posted a video series titled why I am no longer a Christian in it he likened losing one's faith to having different beliefs that need to be knocked over like bowling pins. She just had one knocked over, go easy on people like that especially women because you can chase them away from truth by couching your idea in a conflict oriented way. Cultures take time to change
Consciousness manifests itself through the physical brain therefore everything neuroscience has to say is perfectly fine and compatible with God and humans as the free agents in the image of this God. Genuine freedom of will, the choice between good and evil, moral duty all the good stuff.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
(January 26, 2014 at 6:37 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: My favorite lines of the editorial, the clinchers in fact:

It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say about the way our brain works to make decisions, because God was the one who hardwired us. We make the decisions the way we do because He granted us that freedom."

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/opin...uWMkdIo7Mw

I don't wish ill on anyone (seriously, I don't), but I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when this woman is diagnosed with a neurological problem. I wonder then if she'll still feel that, 'It doesn't matter what neuroscience has to say.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It doesn't matter how many mysteries science unravels. I will always believe that the sun is pulled across the sky by Apollo's fiery chariot, and Zeus rides clouds while throwing thunderbolts at disbelieving heathens.

It doesn't matter what science finds out. There will always be gaps to fill in with god.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(February 9, 2014 at 2:14 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It doesn't matter what science finds out. There will always be gaps to fill in with god.

Did the Bible say God pulls the Sun across the sky in a chariot or have him control any aspect of the natural world? All it says is that he made it all.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some people believe that gravity doesn't exist notimportant1234 75 10088 October 19, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What's This? Alabama you say? Minimalist 3 1008 September 15, 2015 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Whatever Shall The God Freaks Say Now? Minimalist 26 3540 March 7, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does Matter Create Consciousness? Or Vice Versa? Mudhammam 24 6626 January 2, 2014 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. justin 74 22620 April 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  Time lapse video from the ISS - It doesn't get any better than this! orogenicman 2 1586 November 15, 2011 at 3:03 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko