Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some people believe that gravity doesn't exist
Some people believe that gravity doesn't exist
I heard some people saying that density is the one wich keeps use on the earth not gravity.
My response to this is Arhimedes Force.
I'd like to hear other side effects of the statement  "density not gravity".
RE: Some people believe that gravity doesn't exist
I heard we were on a disc that travels upwards at 9.8 m/sec squared.
I fail to see the difference. Mass has an attractive force, very weak one, to other masses and as far as I know it extends infinitely.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
That is the trick with Arhimedes Force = (-1) x amount of water dislocated × gravitational acceleration.
If gravity doesn't exist ships would never float . The shape of a ship is made the way it is with the purpouse of dislocating more water.
(October 19, 2017 at 5:26 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: That is the trick with Arhimedes Force = (-1) x amount of water dislocated × gravitational acceleration.
If gravity doesn't exist ships would never float . The shape of a ship is made the way it is with the purpouse of dislocating more water.

No.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(October 19, 2017 at 5:39 am)Succubus Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 5:26 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: That is the trick with Arhimedes Force = (-1) x amount of water dislocated × gravitational acceleration.

No.

There are other factors that determine a ships shape like stability, velocity. But the most important is flotability.
(October 19, 2017 at 5:42 am)notimportant1234 Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 5:39 am)Succubus Wrote: No.

There are other factors that determine a ships shape like stability, velocity. But the most important is flotability.

The amount of water a ship 'dislocates' is a function of its mass and fuck all to do with the shape of its hull.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
There is no gravity. The Earth just sucks.

Boru

If that's true, all ships would be the same shape. Since a Viking longship is manifestly not the same shape as a Nile River barge, you seem to be mistaken. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 19, 2017 at 5:48 am)Succubus Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 5:42 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: There are other factors that determine a ships shape like stability, velocity. But the most important is flotability.

The amount of water a ship 'dislocates' is a function of its mass and fuck all to do with the shape of its hull.

In other words, for an object floating on a liquid surface (like a boat) or floating submerged in a fluid (like a submarine in water or  in air) the weight of the displaced liquid equals the weight of the object. Thus, only in the special case of floating does the buoyant force acting on an object equal the objects weight. Consider a 1-ton block of solid iron. As iron is nearly eight times as dense as water, it displaces only 1/8 ton of water when submerged, which is not enough to keep it afloat. Suppose the same iron block is reshaped into a bowl. It still weighs 1 ton, but when it is put in water, it displaces a greater volume of water than when it was a block. The deeper the iron bowl is immersed, the more water it displaces, and the greater the buoyant force acting on it. When the buoyant force equals 1 ton, it will sink no farther.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes%27_principle

(October 19, 2017 at 5:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There is no gravity. The Earth just sucks.

Boru

If that's true, all ships would be the same shape. Since a Viking longship is manifestly not the same shape as a Nile River barge, you seem to be mistaken. 

Boru

When they solve the flotability problem , they modify the shape for other aspects as velocity, stability etc.

Succubus you seem to not know the formula of mass= volum times density.
(October 19, 2017 at 5:48 am)Succubus Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 5:42 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: There are other factors that determine a ships shape like stability, velocity. But the most important is flotability.

Eh, no.

the amount of water a ship displaces in a gravitational environment is a function of it size and shape, as well as its average density, provided the density is less than that of water (the ship is buoyant). If its average density is greater than that of water (the ship is sinking), then only its size and shape matters to how much water it displaces.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mythbusters: does God exist KUSA 10 2198 December 9, 2015 at 8:51 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  "Time does not exist outside of the universe, so nothing can predate the universe." IanHulett 18 6995 February 22, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say Mudhammam 11 3595 February 9, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Gravity Variations Over Earth Much Bigger Than Previously Thought KichigaiNeko 0 984 September 10, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. justin 74 22606 April 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
Thumbs Up Does Death Exist? New Theory Says ‘No’ Phish 30 13781 March 13, 2013 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  Science might have found why some people are gay. Gooders1002 9 3671 December 15, 2012 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Time lapse video from the ISS - It doesn't get any better than this! orogenicman 2 1586 November 15, 2011 at 3:03 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Worst explanations for gravity? Aegrus 21 6404 September 21, 2011 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: ReB