Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We in sports
We in sports
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFicqJFz5R4
It really grinds my gears.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

RE: We in sports
Sports? You mean that thing where you put the ball in the hole and then you get points for it?
I say 'we' all the time. Steelers, Pens, Buckos. I actually played for Navy, so I guess I'm okay there...

I feel like the only people who get upset over this are those who aren't bat shit about their teams like I am. I have a Steelers tattoo...
I say we sometimes and they sometimes. Whatever comes out first.
Damn you really are "die hard" aren't you.

I say that I am a Ravens fan but I don't have any memorabilia or anything like that. I just watch a few games a year. Honestly, I only like them because they represent where I was born.

(January 27, 2014 at 12:48 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I say 'we' all the time. Steelers, Pens, Buckos. I actually played for Navy, so I guess I'm okay there...

I feel like the only people who get upset over this are those who aren't bat shit about their teams like I am. I have a Steelers tattoo...
(January 27, 2014 at 9:34 am)No_God Wrote: I say that I am a Ravens fan but I don't have any memorabilia or anything like that. I just watch a few games a year. Honestly, I only like them because they represent where I was born.

My heart broke just a little there... I saw your picture. You're WAY too hot to be a fan of that abomination of a football squad.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It's ok I'm an open Polamalu fan.
(January 27, 2014 at 11:22 am)No_God Wrote: It's ok I'm an open Polamalu fan.

We're Back!!!Cool Shades
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I want to make a nest out of his hair and sleep in it for days.

It looks so comfy and warm.
Honestly, IIRC, I've gone both ways. "They" and "we". I can't recall the last time I ever saw the Chargers. I did once go to a Steelers training camp when I lived in PA. That was quite boring. I will, however, listen to Steelers, Penguins, Pirates and especially Pitt scores because I lived in that region for 9 years, and miss it. I also followed Pitt's gymnastics team, even to the occasional away meet. I got to some level of personal familarity with them as a fan, because they aren't drawing 35,000 to their meets. I used "we" a lot to refer to them. Same with gymnastics, soccer and volleyball at my own university, Sacramento State.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of comedy and sports. A HELP ME thread. Brian37 9 1212 October 15, 2021 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Abusive sports fans. 0P Brian37 20 1778 June 7, 2021 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sports, football vs figure skating...... Brian37 11 985 January 16, 2021 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Ok sports fans, no matter the sport........ Brian37 7 530 December 12, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The myth of the draft in pro sports. Brian37 3 535 December 29, 2019 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should college sports players be paid? Brian37 13 2400 October 2, 2019 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Marginalized sports viocjit 49 5370 August 1, 2019 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Anyone into combat sports? EgoDeath 24 2171 March 17, 2019 at 10:22 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Will be walking the sports plank soon. Brian37 4 1056 February 4, 2019 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Where sports/politics and religion meet. Brian37 0 479 January 28, 2019 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37