Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism destroyed with a question
Atheism destroyed with a question
<snip!>

Raises some good point and makes me wonder why atheists reject the fine tuning of the universe. There's even an article by Dr. Kaku on the fine tuning of the universe titled "The Paradox of Multiple Goldilocks Zones or "Did the Universe Know We Were Coming?" on bigthink.
RE: Atheism destroyed with a question
Well, thanks for wasting 2:21 of my time, but atheism is still here. Disappointing, I know. Nice job expressing your mental simplicity in a video full of text. Bye.
If the universe didn't have the properties that are needed to survive then we wouldn't be alive to consider how lucky we are. So it's inevitable that we would have a 'fine tuned' universe when we wouldn't be alive to know if it wasn't.
So a few numbers in our local patch of the Universe have convenient values for there to be intelligent observers. Therefore God? I think you underestimate how big a place the universe is, and you overestimate the explanatory power of deities.

As for the other "something from nothing" stuff, that's nonsense.
Re: Atheism destroyed with a question
2 words. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle just like insanity said.
Another shit and scooter
Whatever happened to the good old days when assholes jerked off in the bedroom with the door closed?
(February 1, 2014 at 8:05 am)houseofcantor Wrote: Whatever happened to the good old days when assholes jerked off in the bedroom with the door closed?

The internet?
Chickens were domesticated from jungle fowl around 10 000 - 15 000 years ago.

Oviparity (egg-laying) evolved around 220 MYA.

Thus, the egg came first, and by a wide margin.

Next stupid question, please.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Fine tuned universe my arse. Have they never heard of the gunslinger fallacy?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27082 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12451 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12122 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Question about atheism related with gnosticism and agnosticism Dystopia 4 2101 July 10, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10464 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Stupidest Video I've seen: "Atheism Disproved-1 Simple Question no Atheist can Answer" @Youtube jeovan 14 7766 December 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 11995 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38055 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack