Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miracles
Miracles
Tell us what you have seen.
RE: Miracles
Define mirical.
I leave that up to you. I am interested in what christians have experienced that they consider a miracle.
Miricals defined by the bible would only include the acts or deeds performed by God, a prophet, or an apstole acting on God's behalf, and as such can't technically happen anymore.

Miracles are often times confused with God's provenance, or God's will. Often times people look to the spectacular or look for a sign or wonder to mark a miracle.

God is the God of the known universe, if He created everything then why would He create the universe in such away as to have to circumvent it every time He wanted something done?

Mircales had one purpose and that was to establish God Himself, or a prophet or an apstole as being of or from God. Christ Himself used this arguement with the Pharisees. In essence He said if I was not God then I could not do these things in God the Father's name.

The stuff we see now is provenance. It is the will of God that we see or experience this stuff to help us establish and maintain our faith.
Miracle: when a physical event is misremembered for emotional reasons. Not to be confused with statistically unlikely.
(February 2, 2014 at 4:17 am)houseofcantor Wrote: Miracle: when a physical event is misremembered for emotional reasons. Not to be confused with statistically unlikely.

He said m1irical. I wonna know what the fuck a mirical is too.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(February 2, 2014 at 4:41 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(February 2, 2014 at 4:17 am)houseofcantor Wrote: Miracle: when a physical event is misremembered for emotional reasons. Not to be confused with statistically unlikely.

He said m1irical. I wonna know what the fuck a mirical is too.

Mirical: that'd be Drich actually knowing something. Angel
a miracle is something that can't possibly happen, so they don't.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well I guess we just missed out then. We are 2000 yrs out of date. Its back to relying on faith with nothing tangible to look at.
Again provenance is what most people mistake as miricals.. Do you want to hear examples of God's will?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1993 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 18608 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11252 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Jesus' imperfect miracles. Brakeman 32 7133 June 25, 2015 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Rainbow Bloody miracles from a bloody cult. Bob Kelso 22 4788 March 26, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Christianity has gotten Lazy with the miracles: Spooky 59 14260 December 25, 2014 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Nope
  miracles and circumstances k2490 35 8786 June 2, 2014 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Miracles and Anti-supernaturalism BettyG 405 157728 August 26, 2013 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Jesus and Miracles FallentoReason 70 18128 August 23, 2013 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Pope John Paul II and the trouble with miracles wwjs 14 6365 July 9, 2013 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Full Circle