Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim leaders issue a fatwa against anyone living on Mars
Muslim leaders issue a fatwa against anyone living on Mars
Quote:A Fatwa has been issued against living on Mars by clerics who say that trying to set up home there would be un-Islamic.
The fatwa – or ruling – was issued by the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment (GAIAE) in the UAE after the Mars One organisation announced that it would try and establish a permanent human settlement on Mars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-there.htm
If true, I am moving to mars, Islam can have this planet, its fucked anyway.
Then again, it is the daily mail.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Muslim leaders issue a fatwa against anyone living on Mars
Can the Pope declare it un-Christian, too? If he does, I'm in. Wait, maybe not... will there be Wifi on Mars?
Yeah I saw that the other day. Given all the scientific information supposedly in the Koran, I'm surprised they hadn't already got there.
(February 20, 2014 at 6:18 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Can the Pope declare it un-Christian, too? If he does, I'm in. Wait, maybe not... will there be Wifi on Mars?

Yes, as Earths internet and Mars will be connected, though laggy.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(February 20, 2014 at 6:26 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote:
(February 20, 2014 at 6:18 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Can the Pope declare it un-Christian, too? If he does, I'm in. Wait, maybe not... will there be Wifi on Mars?

Yes, as Earths internet and Mars will be connected, though laggy.

[Image: jMAQjTH.jpg]
(February 20, 2014 at 6:26 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: Yes, as Earths internet and Mars will be connected, though laggy.
Great, then I'm totally in.
Quote:The committee argued that an attempt to dwell on the planet would be so hazardous as to be suicidal and killing oneself is not permitted by Islam.

True of every trailer park in the bible belt, too.
I don't think many of the Muslims who are interested in living on Mars give a fuck what those clerics think. It's only a matter of time before someone finds something in a holy book that can be twisted to sound like it's predicting people going to Mars anyway.
Facepalm
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Ok.... they say that it is wrong for a muslim to go to mars because suicide is wrong, why does the same restriction not apply if you strap on an explosive vest and detonate it in a crowded place?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Issue of Idolatry in Abrahamic Religions Leonardo17 28 2684 October 10, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  The issue of Rİtual Washing (of dead coprses) in Islam Leonardo17 8 1221 August 13, 2023 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5315 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2298 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1254 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The issue of Blasphemy in Islam Leonardo17 46 3608 October 8, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The issue of Sin Leonardo17 23 2111 September 30, 2022 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1343 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4751 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3927 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU