Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favourite music band?
What is your favourite music band?
I'm not telling any certain band, just the kinds of music.
1.- Thrash Metal (Beyond the embrace, Anthrax, Megadeth, ...)
2.- Nu-Metal (Machine Head, Mnemic, ...) (Thrash/Progresive Metal)
3.- Death Metal (Kataklysm, ...)
4.- Heavy Metal (Children of Bodom, ...)

Listen to some of their songs, and start from there.
RE: What is your favourite music band?
Funnily enough, the band Atheist is my favorite, technical progressive fusion death metal.

Also:

Cynic
Death
At The Gates
etc..
To single out only one favorite I would definitely pick Green Day. I grew up with them, actually started to like music when I first heard Minority back in 2000. They even have a somewhat agnostic song called "One of my Lies".

I could also mention (probably going to be unjust with plenty of bands I really like, because I listen to tons of stuff - but my memory is bad):
- Garbage
- NOFX
- Ayreon
- Urban Legion (brazilian band - all dead, but they were great)
- Goldfinger
- Anti-flag
- Rie Tanaka (after her voicing of Lacus Klyne and her songs on the GUNDAM SEED anime I could never get her voice out of my mind)

I love Punk Rock, but I dig basically anything that is rock or metal (given that it have some attitude in it). But somehow I can't quite embrace anything that was published in the last 3 or 4 years... I don't know if I raised the bar of my criteria too much or if the music industry itself have become full of shit - there is also the chance that I'm getting old and grumpy.
"A fool says in his heart, 'There is no god.'
A wise man shouts it from the rooftops."
Mark Palmer (@ The Center for Inquiry Blasphemy Contest)
Iron Maiden, Manowar, Megadeth, Metallica, Godsmack, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Rammstein, etc.
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
hehehe
I am a music nut. I play a ton of music, and have a very strong relationship with it.

It's eclectic, but right now I am listening to: Hopesfall (version 1), Brandi Carlile, Lamb of God, the new Poison the Well, Counting Crows, Bruce fucking Springsteen, Walls of jericho, (god damned) CocoRosie, Indigo girls, Factory 81, One Minute Silence, Matthew Good, some NOFX, Authority Zero, yeah lots of Sublime, Caliban, a teapsoon of Bjork, Colin James and Alexisonfire.

Oh yeah, and of course RATM and Deftones.

I could go on and on and on and on, but that is what I think is in my player now.

Rock out!
-Pip
Good 'ol rock music for me thanks! Greenday, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Rammstein, G'nR, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Joe Satriani, Steve Via, Roger Waters, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Alice Cooper, Led Zeplin, Foo Fighters, Linkon Park, The Killers, etc.

In the UK there are also some really good artists which most of you might not know, like Rick Waller, Cheeky Girls and Gareth Gates Tongue
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
Eels
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Queen!
binnyCoffee
Blue October, VnV Nation, Within Temptation, David Bowie, Cobra Starship, Garbage, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Flogging Molly, Orange Range, Scissor Sisters, Groove Coverage, Hooverphonic, Switchblade Symphony, The Killers, Simon and Garfunkel, U2, Wolfsheim, Billy Idol
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Can't choose and don't have to. Most of the time however it involves Mike Stern, Steve Vai, Larry Carlton, Joe Satriani, Robben Ford, Manu Codjia, Michael Landau, Esbjörn Svensson Trio, Jeff Richman, Sting, Andy McKee, John Hiatt, Nick Drake, Andy Timmons, Brett Garsed, Philippe Thibaut, Matt Schofield, Klaus Schulze, Alan Holdsworth, Ahmad Mansour, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Tribal Tech, Steve Kahn, Stanley Clarke, Miles Davis, Michael Brecker, Tomatito, Vicente Amigo, Paco de Lucia, Gerardo Nuñez, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Buckethead, Frank Zappa, Guthrie Govan, Lucas Fagundes, John Petrucci, Monte Montgomery, Steve Tibbets, Mike Campese, Bjork, Tom Waits, Alejandro Silva, Neil Young, Paul Weller, Morphine, Aziza Mustafa Zadeh, Charnett Moffett, Fahir Atakoglu and Jeff Schroedl to name a few.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of music? MR. Macabre 666 62 3452 October 30, 2023 at 3:21 am
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 591 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you have a favourite raptor? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 945 July 31, 2020 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Do you have a favourite rodent? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1767 July 26, 2020 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gnomey
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 732 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  Christmas Music!! BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2548 December 22, 2019 at 9:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3153 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  What's your favourite songs with sax in it? Little lunch 32 2794 June 20, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What's your favourite SUBWAY®? ignoramus 33 6573 April 18, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Antares
  My favourite comedians smashing SJW journalists. paulpablo 0 541 June 18, 2017 at 5:18 am
Last Post: paulpablo