Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Debate with a Christian
Debate with a Christian
If anyone would like to participate in a debate with me let me know and we can iron out the details here and once agreed we can begin the process of having the debate set up in the appropriate section according to the dictates of the forum moderators.

I will only be responding to those who demonstrate that they are genuine and sincere.

Thank you.
RE: Debate with a Christian
You're just yearning to debate someone about anything, by now, aren't you?

What do you want to debate?
Please pick a subject before inviting people to take part in a debate.
(March 5, 2014 at 8:21 pm)pocaracas Wrote: You're just yearning to debate someone about anything, by now, aren't you?

What do you want to debate?

I generally leave it up to my debate partner to make suggestions. I do so because I would want someone to extend the same courtesy to me.

(March 5, 2014 at 8:22 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Please pick a subject before inviting people to take part in a debate.

I generally leave it up to my debate partner to make suggestions. I do so because I would want someone to extend the same courtesy to me.
This is a discussion forum.
What's so special about a debate, over a normal thread where you can engage with different people at the same time?
I don't understand it...
He wants to prove that he's a master debater - I say let him show us Cool Shades
Mastur Bater, more likely.
In the end... either you presuppose there's a god, or you realize you have no evidence for it.
There, debate finished, good night! :p
(March 5, 2014 at 8:28 pm)pocaracas Wrote: This is a discussion forum.
What's so special about a debate, over a normal thread where you can engage with different people at the same time?
I don't understand it...

I am well aware that this is a discussion forum within the Christianity section of the Religion section of this forum. I created the invitation thread here because I judged this to be the best place to create it.

I would not say a debate was "special", rather, I would say it is different. A debate is a more conducive arena in which to engage a counter-position to my Judeo-Christian worldview, which is what I would like to do.

(March 5, 2014 at 8:38 pm)pocaracas Wrote: In the end... either you presuppose there's a god, or you realize you have no evidence for it.
There, debate finished, good night! :p

That is a false dichotomy which is an informal fallacy.

I take it that you were just joking though. So no worries.
I doubt anyone's going to agree to a debate without knowing what they are agreeing to debate FIRST.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87849 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12257 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  New WLC debate Jehanne 18 3334 March 28, 2017 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23345 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  An invitation to debate. Jehanne 63 8037 December 22, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Big Debate -- Price versus Ehrman Jehanne 43 9441 November 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Information Catholics VS Protestants Debate Thread Edward John 164 19148 November 15, 2016 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing! Jehanne 18 2908 October 8, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human? ReptilianPeon 8 3381 March 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Brometheus
  Open debate: What does Jesus teach? Aractus 130 16261 August 4, 2014 at 8:06 am
Last Post: archangle