Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human?
Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human?
I'm asking anybody who knows here. That is the claim made by a video (linked below). I am often doubtful about videos with zero sources, with good reason, I'm sure you'd agree, as the video doesn't provide exact dates or not names or anything that could be used to find out more information about these debates. It's very vague, presumably deliberately as it does appeared to be intended to mislead people, and it also makes the claim that people in Paris had a debate and concluded the souls of women are less than those of men. Obviously these are stupid beliefs because if it were true that women were not Human then they wouldn't be sexually attracted to men.
Video:

So my questions are:
1. Did the debate(s) the video claimed took to place actually take place?
2. If the claimed debates did take place, does the video accurately represent what took place and any did Christians ever believe what is claimed in the video?
3. If so, was it a widely held belief? How popular was it?

RE: Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human?
Islam never liberated woman NEVER
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Have a look at this, I think it might be what you're talking about. From a brief search it seems to be a false rumour.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synod_of_Mâcon
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 24, 2015 at 7:17 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Obviously these are stupid beliefs because if it were true that women were not Human then they wouldn't be sexually attracted to men.

Yes. That is the reason those are stupid beliefs.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I don't know about the bishops in London, but we could debate it here.

ROFLOL
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 24, 2015 at 11:52 am)robvalue Wrote: Have a look at this, I think it might be what you're talking about. From a brief search it seems to be a false rumour.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synod_of_Mâcon

Thanks for that. Although the video claimed that there were separate debates in London and Paris so I guess it was wrong on that. Mâcon is nowhere near Paris or London. Morally speaking, Muhammadans don't have 'a leg to stand on', as it were, so of course they have go out of their way to lie about, or misrepresent the views of, other people. Even if the claim was true, it was a meeting of Catholics - so any Churches which were/are not in communion with the Catholic Church may not subscribe to the views expressed at the conference. For example, some Orthodox Churches are in communion and others aren't - and all Protestants obviously aren't. What I'm trying to say is that it has never been the case that all Christians are Catholic and so Christianity isn't necessarily uniform (outside of Catholicism).

Given the traditional Christian view of women, one might as well say that women are not human. What practical difference does it make if one says, they are human but greatly inferior to men, or that they are not human?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
.All religions have a huge amount of sexism, even if you can find pockets of liberal sects. There is no female Dali Lama either.

Watching religious men in any religion debate what women's rolls should be are mostly done without women. Any religion or culture that cant or wont allow women to make their own life choices deserves nothing but scorn and contempt.
I think it might be confused with the Church Council of Macon, France in the year 584, in which they debated the question if women were human.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Never-Ending and Quite Exasperating Debate We All Know of Leonardo17 7 212 April 10, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19017 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 2965 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 788 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7303 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2726 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12629 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4395 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Truer Words Were Never Spoken Minimalist 9 2465 April 23, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 8322 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady