Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Prohibition Day!!
End of Prohibition Day!!
To those of you who live in the US. Happy end of prohibition day!! Smile Big Grin 76 years ago ON THIS DAY prohibition ended. So go and have a drink, you have the freedom to do that know.

Heres more on prohibition if you are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition...ted_States
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
RE: End of Prohibition Day!!
No comment Amph Wink LOL
Woot! I though you meant the sale of alcohol on sunday at first.... why is that? that we can't buy alcohol on sunday? I haven't looked it up though....
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Local blue laws maybe?
- Meatball
Now we just need to end prohibition for LSD, Cannabis and Psilocybin Smile All 3 of which are safer than alcohol Tongue
I'm not sure if its local, regional, or even national.... I just know it applies where I live... ;\
--- RDW, 17
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
No Gentleman, it is a time in the US where you could not get booz (beer & mix drinks except from speakeasys). Read the link that I posted Smile
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

lol, I know what the prohibition was.... I'm just talking about not being able to buy booz on sunday here. 200th Post!!
--- RDW, 17
(December 6, 2009 at 11:15 am)littlegrimlin1 Wrote: lol, I know what the prohibition was.... I'm just talking about not being able to buy booz on sunday here. 200th Post!!

Ah, I see. Here in Oregon there are a few places that people can get booz on sunday.

The booze on Sunday thing has more to do with liqour store owners wanting a day off. There are probably a gang of blue laws depending on the state, as mentioned by Meatball, but in Oregon most liqour stores close at 7pm and are closed all day Sunday just because they want time off. I was shocked the first time I bought liqour at 8pm on a Sunday and asked the owners how they could be open and they said there was no law on the books! Who knew?

Rhizo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Poll To End All Polls no one 12 1031 February 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Do you know why the end of the month is still too far away? Foxaèr 15 2415 April 22, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The end of this month cannot come fast enough Foxaèr 22 4345 April 15, 2018 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: c172
  At the end of my tolerance notimportant1234 4 488 January 26, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Biological Strategy to end Racism chimp3 46 3706 September 26, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ghost Busters 2 - End of the world dyresand 4 891 February 15, 2016 at 2:06 am
Last Post: dyresand
  How will the planet end? Aoi Magi 34 3975 August 21, 2015 at 12:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Well all good things must come to a end dyresand 13 2726 August 9, 2015 at 7:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The appeal of the end Foxaèr 6 1338 July 22, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Your end of the world party! Iroscato 13 2664 April 26, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: robvalue