Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atoms energy expansion
Atoms energy expansion
Here is what I know so that you don't tell me what I already know .

where did the stars get the energy to make atoms ? nuclear energy ? where did that nuclear power come from ?
I know that the atom has a huge amount of energy that could be released if the atom got split under a huge pressure and heat .

But where did that energy inside the atom come from ? Did the BigBang make atoms that have enough energy to make other atoms with enough energy to make other atoms with enough energy to make other atoms with........you see where i'm going , right ?

Question is : Where is all that energy coming from ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: Atoms energy expansion
The Energy needed to start the fusion reaction comes from the gravitational collapse. Beyond that, stars actually gain energy from the fusion process, furher indicating that getting the atoms even closer together releases.further energy. So both forms of energy needed by stars to convert to other forms of energy (and in the end, heavy elements where one needs to stick energy in to form them) seem to be present because the stuff in the universe is somewhat dilute rather than cobbled together with maximal density. This I think has to do with the expansion.

I think your question has two parts: 1.why is there energy
2. Why was the universe in low entropy state such that the energy is able to actually do something
concerning number 2,There are people studying specifically the "initial conditions" (though it is a bit of a misnomer) which lead to this rapid expansion with a hot gas. I'm no expert , but I don't think anyone can know with good certainty why this is the way things are.
One thing to consider concerning number 1:if the universe is flat, it has in some formulations zero total energy, and the energy we observe in it is just borrowed from the geometry, which counts as negative energy. But this is very subtle.
well as much as I hesitate to use the words of a theology to examine actual facts,

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_cr..._narrative

as a statement that the cosmos had an absolute beginning (In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth);
as a statement describing the condition of the world when God began creating (When in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was untamed and shapeless); and
essentially similar to the second version but taking all of Genesis 1:2 as background information (When in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, the earth being untamed and shapeless, God said, Let there be light!).[29]

Heaven, earth light. Either, mater, energy.

The thing that really kills genesis in my mind, and the exact same reason I am very skeptical of the big bang, is that god said let there be light and there was. I would really more believe given the speed of light, that god said let there be time or let there be space. There is nothing in the rest of genesis that relates to the known history of stellar evolution or the earth. ADD Especially that god first allegedly created man, then the rest of life, complete crap there is no what our ribosomes and dna and proteins could have evolved into bacteria, they are clearly more evolved than us and far more advanced and evolved life forms. There is no doubt that the most advanced life on earth are bacteria and yeast and mold. We are not even close.
Quote:There is no doubt that the most advanced life on earth are bacteria and yeast and mold. We are not even close.
rsb, you give me headaches. But then, you and I are not cast in the same mold...
But I agree, beer rules.
After a cup of coffee and meditating for awhile Tongue , I came up with this...

My only valid speculation is that our expansion is giving more space for atoms to be and that somehow gives the atoms more energy to have.

More explanation : Its the matter and space together affecting this....I give you an example :
Would a bully in school have more power over 5 kids or over 50 kids ? The less kids around the bully, the more powerful the bully is .

I think thats where the extra energy is coming from, atoms having more space and less atoms around it. and so when the universe expands the the atoms' inner hidden energy counts for more(like when less ppl have gold , gold prices goes up).

What do you think ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
No as far back as we can see we see all the atoms and can put them into a model for fusion and fission and pretty much track it forward. The math as we do this in more detail will be interesting.

Before that, no idea, you have to accept the idea of big bangs or singularities or some sort of boundary problem before you can get to a big bang, and I for one have no faith or belief in the big bang. I would very much like to observe more.
(March 9, 2014 at 3:57 am)rsb Wrote: No as far back as we can see we see all the atoms and can put them into a model for fusion and fission and pretty much track it forward. The math as we do this in more detail will be interesting.

Before that, no idea, you have to accept the idea of big bangs or singularities or some sort of boundary problem before you can get to a big bang, and I for one have no faith or belief in the big bang. I would very much like to observe more.

Now when you say you have no belief in the big bang, what exactly do you mean by big bang? Do you fail to believe that the universe was once dense and hot, or do you merely have a problem with the role of the initial singularity and whether it is real or not?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 587 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Science Nerds: Could Jupiter's Magnetic Field be harvested for energy? vulcanlogician 28 2252 August 7, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Rethinking Dark Matter/Dark energy.... Brian37 11 2483 January 26, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  First collisions at the LHC with unprecedented Energy! (Ask a particle physisicist) Alex K 385 56239 August 8, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Could this explian what Dark matter and Dark energy is? Blueyedlion 49 7235 June 13, 2016 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  How are Atoms Differentiated When Quanta are Not? Rhondazvous 5 1090 June 1, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does the Law of Conservation of Matter/Energy Disallow Time Travel? Ari Sheffield 52 10695 March 24, 2016 at 5:04 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Nature of Energy Panatheist 36 5738 March 17, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Panatheist
  Harmonic Oscillators, Vacuum Energy, Pauli Exclusion Principle little_monkey 1 1070 March 27, 2014 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Can Dark Matter be the energy source of the future - a rough estimate Alex K 2 1688 March 19, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Alex K