Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum
New to the forum
Hi all. I am a 49-year-old female atheist who lives in South Carolina. I have been an agnostic or atheist most of my life. I look forward to sharing views and conversation with other non-believers.
Jules96
RE: New to the forum
Welcome to our little forum Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 28, 2008 at 8:05 am)jules96 Wrote: Hi all. I am a 49-year-old female atheist who lives in South Carolina. I have been an agnostic or atheist most of my life. I look forward to sharing views and conversation with other non-believers.
Jules96
Hi Jules welcome. What's it like being atheist where you live? Are you in a bible belt? Are you surrounded by religious nutters?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(October 28, 2008 at 8:05 am)jules96 Wrote: Hi all. I am a 49-year-old female atheist who lives in South Carolina. I have been an agnostic or atheist most of my life. I look forward to sharing views and conversation with other non-believers.
Jules96
Welcome! May you find truth!
(October 28, 2008 at 5:11 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Welcome! May you find truth!
She's an atheist...she already has Big Grin
(October 28, 2008 at 7:36 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(October 28, 2008 at 5:11 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Welcome! May you find truth!
She's an atheist...she already has Big Grin
Yes, but not all the truth, nor has anyone. I meant "Welcome! May you potentially find as much truth as possible!" maybe I shoulda said that lol.
Welcome to reality
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I can tell I am going to enjoy this group. Bozo,to say that I am surrounded by religious nutters in SC would be the understatement of the century! My daughter went with a friend to a nearby church (they only went out of curiosity) a couple of years ago and the preacher & congregation started speaking in tounges! The girls were so shocked they got up and left. Also, a few years ago, my daughter became very depressed and overdosed on prescription meds at school. She was rushed to hospital from school and eventually recovered. But everyone in this very small community (gossip spreads like lightening in a two-redlight town) knew about it. Needless to say, this happened because we didn't go to church and didn't have God in our lives (where was God when she was going through everything that led up to this?, I thought God was supposed to protect children whether they are religious or not.) We also have teachers in the primary and elementary school (illegally) force kids to pray before lunch. I don't talk to anyone around here about being an atheist because I don't want to lose my job or have zelots constantly trying to convert me, so this forum will be my safe outlet. I am an educated person (Master's Degree) and look forward to having intelligent, logical discourse with others on the forum about atheism and the absurd notions of religion.
I hate the religion virus. It claims the weak minded, sad story to hear
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
(October 29, 2008 at 6:19 am)Bungy Wrote: I hate the religion virus. It claims the weak minded, sad story to hear
I agree and that of course, is one of many.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New[ish] to the forum OakTree500 15 1091 February 19, 2020 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Smedders
  New Atheist to Forum Saying Hi.... TonyPhotographer 11 1575 November 12, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Old atheist, new to forum Bunburryist 25 2552 August 10, 2016 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  NEW TO THE FORUM GUIDE ME :P logicNartman 9 1687 July 9, 2016 at 12:24 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Hi! New to the forum vendetta 16 1963 September 6, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  New to the forum vervillev 18 1915 July 11, 2014 at 2:01 am
Last Post: vervillev
  New to the forum SecularHumanistSociety 10 2053 February 8, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  New to the forum Blake the Heretic 33 6233 December 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm