Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! New to the forum
Hi! New to the forum
Looks interesting!

I'm 19 years old raised I'm a strict Catholic family. Attended Catholic school as a child. At age 12 I realized I didn't believe in God because the school made the mistake of placing science and religion class bact to back and at that young age I saw the contrast between fact and myth and I could never close that door or pretend anymore.

I told my parents a year later age 13 I didn't believe in God or the Bible and now identify as an anti theist, in that I would like to see society progress beyond religion and progress beyond judment and hatred in bigotry, which are mostly founded in religion.

I do practice certain new age spirituality but it's more of a way of maintaining personal mindfulness and inner peace. I do not believe in any deity. I don't claim to know what happens after death, but I don't care either...I see it as very likely a complete total oblivion of our self awareness so we should appreciate our time here, which makes me both a hedonist and a nihilist(yes its possible) as well as an individualist. I believe we should all live the lives that make us happy and accept each others choices.

I consider myself to be socially liberal apolitical and I hope that in the future the human mind progresses to the point of making most or all forms of government and politics completely unnecessary.

So that's me! Sorry its long!
RE: Hi! New to the forum
Welcome!
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hey there Vendetta, welcome Smile Don't worry, it's not as long as all the drivel I wrote when I joined!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome to the forums , I hope you enjoy it here Smile
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Welcome!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
enjoy yourself here, have fun ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome aboard and enjoy your time around here.
Welcome to the forum, V
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 6, 2014 at 3:20 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey there Vendetta, welcome Smile Don't worry, it's not as long as all the drivel I wrote when I joined!

I think I just said hi and I'll stick around if I don't forget my password or some junk.

Anyhow..... Welcome!
Hi, are you a catfish?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New[ish] to the forum OakTree500 15 1119 February 19, 2020 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Smedders
  New Atheist to Forum Saying Hi.... TonyPhotographer 11 1585 November 12, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Old atheist, new to forum Bunburryist 25 2609 August 10, 2016 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  NEW TO THE FORUM GUIDE ME :P logicNartman 9 1702 July 9, 2016 at 12:24 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  New to the forum vervillev 18 1962 July 11, 2014 at 2:01 am
Last Post: vervillev
  New to the forum SecularHumanistSociety 10 2070 February 8, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  New to the forum Blake the Heretic 33 6367 December 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Blake the Heretic
  Looking for new forum home. Hobbitgirl 41 6824 November 1, 2013 at 9:01 am