Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the Rapture comes- all the children leave
When the Rapture comes- all the children leave
I always thought about the story of the pied piper.
What would it be like to have no little kids around?

Now in the story, the retribution for cheating the piper was the removal of the children.
At that time, children were the social net for when people got old- their retirement account, so to speak.
The fable of the piper got traction because of it's implications .
But it still sticks in my mind.
Jesus said about children, "Of such is the kingdom of God".
He said one must come to God "As a child".
Unpretentious?
Childlike?

So you know, when we leave- it won't be, " 'cause of UFOs".
RE: When the Rapture comes- all the children leave
One needs to be childlike to go before god because with an adult level of critical thinking and mental acumen the stories of his existence are too ridiculous to believe. Dodgy

There's a reason religion encourages credulity, and it's got nothing to do with pretension.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
You really believe the rapture will happen?

Yeah Napoleon. I really do.
You guys already think I don't have any marbles, so I may as well empty the bag of them and let the few that remain roll out.

All the flicks of Hollywood that show UFOs sucking people up, the rantings of New Agers having their "spirit guides" tell them that an event is coming where those, ""unable to make the next evolutionary leap," will be removed to a different location.

The uncountable UFO sightings and abductions, especially since 1947 (Roswell) / 1948 (Israel a sovereign nation again). Are saying something.

To me, they are a preparation of the false explanation of the Departure.
I'm sorry to say professor that you're not the only one dreaming of rapture. I am too (and I bet I'm not the only atheist to do so). To wake up one day and find all the extremely religious people are *poof!* gone, would be amazing! Oh the peace that would ensue.. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 15, 2014 at 11:18 am)Esquilax Wrote: One needs to be childlike to go before god because with an adult level of critical thinking and mental acumen the stories of his existence are too ridiculous to believe. Dodgy

There's a reason religion encourages credulity, and it's got nothing to do with pretension.

That's what I thought too. There are some unfortunate implications that go the the thought that you must be like a child to come to christ. Children are not known for making wise, educated decisions. Especially long term ones.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 15, 2014 at 11:48 am)professor Wrote: Yeah Napoleon. I really do.
You guys already think I don't have any marbles, so I may as well empty the bag of them and let the few that remain roll out.

All the flicks of Hollywood that show UFOs sucking people up, the rantings of New Agers having their "spirit guides" tell them that an event is coming where those, ""unable to make the next evolutionary leap," will be removed to a different location.

The uncountable UFO sightings and abductions, especially since 1947 (Roswell) / 1948 (Israel a sovereign nation again). Are saying something.

To me, they are a preparation of the false explanation of the Departure.

Woo woo woo, wait. Are you saying that all these disparate groups, regardless of religious position, are planting ideas into our culture in advance of the rapture in order to cover for it? Is that what's going on here? Dodgy

Because I can think of, like, ten things wrong with that.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Actually Esquilax, I view these disparate examples as having the exact same spiritual source.

As for the attributes of children, sure, there are things we want to jettison about them, but in the context, (and some translations use the word- trusting) it would be child-likeness that is recommended.

And Kay, the polar opposite of your supposition is what will come, because when we go Up- the devil comes Down.
The groups fomenting war- the New World order elete, the Muslims and the Communists will still be here.
The same guy that gave humans the knowledge they need to be independent of the genocidal narcissist that supposedly created everything to amuse him? Yeah, he's cool.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 15, 2014 at 3:24 pm)professor Wrote: And Kay, the polar opposite of your supposition is what will come, because when we go Up- the devil comes Down.

Haven't you realized by now that a) I'm not afraid of the devil and b) we're his homies Tongue

Quote:The groups fomenting war- the New World order elete, the Muslims and the Communists will still be here.

I'm not greedy, getting rid of christian extremists is a good start, as for communists, it's like North Korea isn't here anyways, so who'll notice if they're actually gone or not? Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13166 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1135 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1983 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9134 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2551 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Rapture on another planet Fake Messiah 16 3242 July 19, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  2011 post from Facebook regarding 2012 "rapture" Foxaèr 1 568 May 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23005 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27280 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Protection for Children The Valkyrie 0 835 August 24, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie