Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Dear...Whatever Will They Do in Oklahoma?
Oh Dear...Whatever Will They Do in Oklahoma?
Episode 2 of Cosmos deals with mass extinctions... and nary a thing to do with fucking "noah!"

I guess they'll pre-empt it with a NASCAR race. Nothing like rednecks constantly turning left to divert xtians from reality.
RE: Oh Dear...Whatever Will They Do in Oklahoma?
(March 16, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Episode 2 of Cosmos deals with mass extinctions... and nary a thing to do with fucking "noah!"

I guess they'll pre-empt it with a NASCAR race. Nothing like rednecks constantly turning left to divert xtians from reality.

When you talk to people face to face do you use the "f" word as much as you do on this forum?
I save it for xtian fuckheads.
(March 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm)Lek Wrote:
(March 16, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Episode 2 of Cosmos deals with mass extinctions... and nary a thing to do with fucking "noah!"

When you talk to people face to face do you use the "f" word as much as you do on this forum?

Fuck no Big Grin
Ahem. Sorry.
Its an audience thing for me. At work I'm boss, or clinician. At home I'm dad. Swearing would not be appropriate in any of those roles. Here however, in the (virtual) anonymity of the internet, one can express oneself as one likes. Sometimes that involves using words one would not otherwise use.

I see no harm. Although I do find that if people use those words too much they lose their impact.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(March 16, 2014 at 4:53 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(March 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm)Lek Wrote: When you talk to people face to face do you use the "f" word as much as you do on this forum?

Fuck no Big Grin
Ahem. Sorry.
Its an audience thing for me. At work I'm boss, or clinician. At home I'm dad. Swearing would not be appropriate in any of those roles. Here however, in the (virtual) anonymity of the internet, one can express oneself as one likes. Sometimes that involves using words one would not otherwise use.

I see no harm. Although I do find that if people use those words too much they lose their impact.

That's pretty much what I think about it. Anonymity allows for a lot more freedom. It's a bit like a virtual world where normal rules don't apply.
(March 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm)Lek Wrote: When you talk to people face to face do you use the "f" word as much as you do on this forum?

Fuck yeah, as fucking long as it's fucking audience-appropriate.
(March 16, 2014 at 5:10 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

Fuck yeah, as fucking long as it's fucking audience-appropriate.

Cut it out. You're hurting my ears!
(March 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm)Lek Wrote:

I do, unless it's in a professional capacity.
Dying to live, living to die.
"Fuck" is a great word. Big Grin
I've been known to insert it into other words....

i.e., infuckingcredible

And having just watched episode #2 of Cosmos they must be shrieking that word all over Oklahoma.

He dared to tell them that evolution wasn't just a theory. Oh my.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1014 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Dear Xristards Don't Pick On Muslims Minimalist 20 2557 July 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Dear Atheists ParagonLost 111 15526 December 1, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: GOĐ
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 7080 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Dear god dyresand 14 1708 May 3, 2016 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Dear Satan dyresand 9 2476 April 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Dear christians... dyresand 1 1112 April 2, 2016 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Question Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? Aractus 144 49465 October 9, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Dear Theists Foxaèr 79 14971 September 25, 2015 at 11:20 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 21741 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue