Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Einstein Need Vindication?
Does Einstein Need Vindication?
Maybe and perhaps he will soon have it.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/16/ha...elativity/

Quote:There is intense speculation among cosmologists that a US team is on the verge of confirming they have detected “primordial gravitational waves” – an echo of the big bang in which the universe came into existence 14bn years ago.

Rumours have been rife in the physics community about an announcement due on Monday from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. If there is evidence for gravitational waves, it would be a landmark discovery that would change the face of cosmology and particle physics.

Gravitational waves are the last untested prediction of Albert Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity. They are minuscule ripples in the fabric of the universe that carry energy across space, somewhat similar to waves crossing an ocean. Convincing evidence of their discovery would almost certainly lead to a Nobel prize.
RE: Does Einstein Need Vindication?
(March 16, 2014 at 9:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe and perhaps he will soon have it.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/16/ha...elativity/

Quote:There is intense speculation among cosmologists that a US team is on the verge of confirming they have detected “primordial gravitational waves” – an echo of the big bang in which the universe came into existence 14bn years ago.

Rumours have been rife in the physics community about an announcement due on Monday from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. If there is evidence for gravitational waves, it would be a landmark discovery that would change the face of cosmology and particle physics.

Gravitational waves are the last untested prediction of Albert Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity. They are minuscule ripples in the fabric of the universe that carry energy across space, somewhat similar to waves crossing an ocean. Convincing evidence of their discovery would almost certainly lead to a Nobel prize.

Man I love science!

I have a pic I normally put up saying the same thing but I can't put it up here because it has boobies in it.

ROFLOL
Dying to live, living to die.
I wouldn't complain.
(March 16, 2014 at 9:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I wouldn't complain.

Someone likely would.

I nearly lost my Facebook account because someone whined about one of my pictures last week.

Angry
So you post topless pics? Add me...
(March 16, 2014 at 11:25 pm)Napoléon Wrote: So you post topless pics? Add me...

Only ones in fun.

And some of mine from years ago in private albums.

Tongue
How long will it be until someone takes a bible verse and claims it predicted this...
(March 17, 2014 at 3:51 pm)FreeTony Wrote: How long will it be until someone takes a bible verse and claims it predicted this...

It's probably already happened.

Just not here, yet . . .
Let us read from the Book of Yeshaihovakiel, chapter 12, where the lord speaketh to us, and says true things, which are true, for the lord spake them:

34 and the Lord spake unto the people of Canaan, and their sons, and the sons of their sons, and their sons sons sons, and he raised his voice and spake thusly as he formed the words that were about to come out of his mouth, as he said: 35 People of Canaan! Behold the wave of low frequencies which surroundeth all that is, from all directions equally. A fool is he who thinkeh it is uniform and devoid of variation, for it is not! 37 And truly, I, the Lord, telleth thee that it hath those fluctuations with ye knoweth as density fluctuations, but behold the polarysation: it wiggeleth, and vibrateth and it violateth those criteria which thou knowest to be false in thy heart already, for thou believeth in large field inflation, but hast not yet confirmeth experimentally, for thyne satellites suck. For the fluctuations are tensorial, and not only scalar, and I, thy Lord, told thee first. In thy face, biceps2 collaboration. Nunenunenuhnuh. Amen
(March 17, 2014 at 4:34 pm)Alex K Wrote: 34 and the Lord spake unto the people of Canaan, and their sons, and the sons of their sons, and their sons sons sons, and he raised his voice and spake thusly as he formed the words that were about to come out of his mouth, as he said: 35 People of Canaan! Behold the wave of low frequencies which surroundeth all that is, from all directions equally. A fool is he who thinkeh it is uniform and devoid of variation, for it is not! 37 And truly, I, the Lord, telleth you that it hath those fluctuations with ye knoweth as density fluctuations, but behold the polarysation: it wiggeleth, and vibrateth and it violateth those criteria which thou knowest to be false in thy heart already, for thou believeth in large field inflation, but hast not yet confirmeth experimentally. Amen

"Until now, this text was used to condemn homosexuality, but in light of recent discoveries..."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3167 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Einstein is practical, but not theoretical? robinhood 20 2646 April 17, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Joods
  What Did Einstein Mean when He Said Space is Curved? Rhondazvous 33 11336 June 16, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Einstein's Derivation of the Famous Equation, E=mc2 little_monkey 0 933 June 1, 2013 at 4:50 am
Last Post: little_monkey
  Weinstein = W + Einstein little_monkey 0 820 May 25, 2013 at 10:57 am
Last Post: little_monkey