Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you known any atheists which got converted?
Have you known any atheists which got converted?
Who are they and how did they got converted?
RE: Have you known any atheists which got converted?
They are around, just follow the turds.
I was told that a priest in the town we used to live in was an atheist before becoming Catholic, but I don't know if he was a dedicated "I don't believe because there's no evidence" atheist or an "I just don't feel like going to church" apathetic theist who after converting calls themselves an ex-atheist.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 18, 2014 at 11:36 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I was told that a priest in the town we used to live in was an atheist before becoming Catholic, but I don't know if he was a dedicated "I don't believe because there's no evidence" atheist or an "I just don't feel like going to church" apathetic theist who after converting calls themselves an ex-atheist.

I read about Allan Sandage recently who discovered Quasar. I wonder why did he convert.
I've only known two with 'atheist cred' who converted. Both had a religious SO and could only give emotional explanations for their change of heart. A little disappointing, we hope for something more tangible as a reason, don't we?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(March 18, 2014 at 11:58 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: I've only known two with 'atheist cred' who converted. Both had a religious SO and could only give emotional explanations for their change of heart. A little disappointing, we hope for something more tangible as a reason, don't we?

Were they actual atheists? What happened to them?
I really don't mind an atheist converts. If only he could demonstrate their beliefs.
Any theist. We are all atheists until someone imposes their own beliefs upon us.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I only know two other atheists IRL, one of which I didn't even know was an atheist before he moved away, so I only regularly interact with one other atheist - who is engaged to an apathetic Catholic.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
No sorry, not personally.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have any interest in the philosophies of introflection pioneered by Buddhism? Authari 67 2747 January 12, 2024 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist? BananaFlambe 44 2529 December 20, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Lightbulb Computers have been converted to Islam religion! AVMXF 40 2693 August 20, 2023 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1184 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1740 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2863 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Does Atheists have acceptability ? hindu 40 4581 July 18, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3195 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4186 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any ? Rahn127 1167 93341 January 15, 2019 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X