Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does Atheists have acceptability ?
Does Atheists have acceptability ?
Hello All,

I just want to know whether atheists have acceptability of difference in opinions which doesn't not sync with theirs ?
I mean for peace and co-existence this trait has to be their

Thanks
RE: Does Atheists have acceptability ?
(June 5, 2020 at 4:29 am)hindu Wrote: I just want to know whether atheists have acceptability of difference in opinions which doesn't not sync with theirs ?

Sure, did you come here to learn from atheists how to live and accept the difference in opinions that don't sync with yours? It would surely be useful to Hindus people in let's say Sri Lanka where Buddhists and Hindus exchange atrocities.

Or Hindu battle with Muslims like in 1989 in Moradabad, India, when a pig caused hundreds of people to kill one another when the animal walked through a Muslim holy ground. Muslims, who think pigs are an embodiment of Satan, accused Hindus of driving the pig into the sacred spot. Members of both faiths went on a rampage, stabbing and clubbing. The pig riot spread to a dozen cities and left two hundred dead.

Or those conflicts in Bali between Hindus and Muslims. Like bombings in Bali in 2002 and 2005 by Muslims. Or in 2013 when Hindus wanted to organize Miss World Pageant in Bali but Muslims protested calling it ‘lascivious’ and a ‘war against Islam’, adding that ‘those who fight on the path of Allah are promised heaven’.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(June 5, 2020 at 4:29 am)hindu Wrote: Hello All,

I just want to know whether atheists have acceptability of difference in opinions which doesn't not sync with theirs ?

Thanks

It largely depends on the individual atheist.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Or the thing being considered as an opinion.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Atheists are very tolerant. I mean have you ever heard an atheist firing somebody because of religious beliefs? Or discriminate somebody based on belief? Or hiring somebody and making him sign a contract in which they must promise to obey some Biblical or other book's rules? No, you haven't. Religious people do that, like Ken Ham, and in Catholic schools and institutions, and in Muslim world...
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
You can believe whatever you like, just don't expect me to agree with you
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm accepting of everyone unless they're a different skin colour, hair colour, gender, or eye colour than me, or they're left handed.

Or a different nationality.

Other than that, they're okay by me.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 5, 2020 at 6:31 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'm accepting of everyone unless they're a different skin colour, hair colour, gender, or eye colour than me,  or they're left handed.

Your inclusiveness is truly breathtaking.

Personally, I think everyone should make a total commitment to accepting people, irrespective of their differences.  Except for the French.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 5, 2020 at 7:21 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 5, 2020 at 6:31 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'm accepting of everyone unless they're a different skin colour, hair colour, gender, or eye colour than me,  or they're left handed.

Your inclusiveness is truly breathtaking.

Personally, I think everyone should make a total commitment to accepting people, irrespective of their differences.  Except for the French.

Boru

My tolerance is legendary.

But I agree on the French.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 5, 2020 at 4:29 am)hindu Wrote: Hello All,

Thanks

Yes, you're allowed to have a differing opinion. However, my reaction to or acceptance of that opinion will depend on the subject and the delivery.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1143 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1684 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2776 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists. Does life uh... find a way? Richimorto 6 959 July 29, 2020 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4092 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Ok Atheists! I have God Delusion! Catholic_Lady 54 9519 April 14, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2176 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  does the "Israel becoming a nation again prophecy" have any value snerie 48 13140 April 1, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Atheists who have never read common atheist literature ComradeMeow 68 9631 March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Atheists have no morals? Islam & Christianity are actually crazy. bussta33 8 2718 January 16, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut