Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Makes me wonder
Makes me wonder
Why would somebody who does not believe in god jump into my argument with theist about epicurian paradox then twist my words into something I never said and attack them and call me illogical?
RE: Makes me wonder
First day on the Internet?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Plus, it's against forum rules to call people out tor. Quit it!
No I'm just wondering why people jump in to defend beliefs which they do not hold. What's the point?
I do that sometimes when I'm annoyed by bad arguments for my own side. I can get annoyed at bad arguments and fallacies irrespective of their origin...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 30, 2014 at 7:01 am)Alex K Wrote: I do that sometimes when I'm annoyed by bad arguments for my own side. I can get annoyed at bad arguments and fallacies irrespective of their origin...

My arguments were perfect. It just seems like atheists are sometimes annoyed at the fact that I debate religion and I don't know why.
If you're being illogical, why wouldn't someone want to point that out? Are you saying that you'd be so dishonest?
(March 30, 2014 at 7:03 am)tor Wrote: My arguments were perfect.
Ooh, point me to this thread with perfect arguments please!
(March 30, 2014 at 7:18 am)alpha male Wrote:
(March 30, 2014 at 7:03 am)tor Wrote: My arguments were perfect.
Ooh, point me to this thread with perfect arguments please!

They are not in english.

(March 30, 2014 at 7:03 am)fr0d0 Wrote: If you're being illogical, why wouldn't someone want to point that out? Are you saying that you'd be so dishonest?

I was being perfectly logical and they were full of shit Wink Shades
(March 30, 2014 at 7:01 am)Alex K Wrote: I do that sometimes when I'm annoyed by bad arguments for my own side. I can get annoyed at bad arguments and fallacies irrespective of their origin...

I go further. I'm more annoyed by bad arguments from "my own side" . I expect them from the other!

And yeah, tor, your arguments are perfect Angel
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What makes people irrational thinkers? SlowCalculations 228 18236 January 15, 2022 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  It makes me sad Rahn127 7 1673 April 24, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  What makes people believe in religion? LetThereBeNoGod 11 3168 February 21, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2564 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska
  LOL, wonder if that was a mistake? vorlon13 11 1666 November 11, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  As an atheist, what makes your socks go up and down?? vorlon13 4 1521 May 18, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Wonder of Reality PhilosophicalZebra 54 9022 May 2, 2015 at 10:10 am
Last Post: robvalue
  i wonder... dyresand 6 1765 October 26, 2014 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: Violet
  In need of a more humbleness. Why condemning the Theistic position makes no sense. Mystic 141 24070 September 22, 2014 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Chas
  Would a story like this shock anyone I wonder? robvalue 25 4758 September 2, 2014 at 1:46 am
Last Post: robvalue