Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would a story like this shock anyone I wonder?
Would a story like this shock anyone I wonder?
Today's ultra-psycopath daily news:

20 years ago, a man blindfolded a woman and raped her. His identity was never discovered, and the child resulting from that rape never knew her father.

Yesterday a man abducted the child and tortured her in his basement. When finally apprehended, the man claimed to be the rapist in question.

He was angry because the child didn't know his identity. He said he had sent several letters to the child.

The child had no idea what the letters were supposed to mean, as they made little sense. The rapist claimed they contained crytpic clues which would have led the child to his hiding place.

The rapist already has a cult following of other psycopaths who are praising his actions.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Would a story like this shock anyone I wonder?
Yes, it's shocking. If he's found guilty then I hope they lock him up for a long time.
This just in:

The rapist seemingly has multiple personality disorder, giving his first initial sometimes as "J" and sometimes as "G", and occasionally "Y". This has strengthened his cult following.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
An elderly policeman was alarmed at the striking similarities between this series events and ones that took place 40 years ago. He said that the perpetrator was apprehended but escaped, and most of the records about this case mysteriously disappeared.

Index of my best videos
Link or it didn't happen.
The OP said "Would a story like this", not "Would this story". So the story is probably fake. No link.

I wouldn't be incredibly shocked.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Sounds too much like an episode of The Following.
No, it's not a real story. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I wondered what the reaction to such a story would be. How would you feel about the rapist? What about the cult members?

Index of my best videos
I'm just having trouble developing any empathy for the rapist. Doesn't feel very real or dimensional.
Yeah I agree, I would not consider the rapist in any way good in this story. I'm wondering if there's anyone who feels that he is good, or justified.

There is a point to this, I'm sure some people can already see where it's going. Or maybe I wasn't as transparent as I thought Tongue

Or maybe I should just shut up. Anyhow, I like to encourage thought.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'd like to ask my fellow atheists if they would be happy to learn there was a god. Whateverist 88 16443 September 4, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Astonished
  I would like some advise Hammok Man 78 20115 August 8, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: mordant
  Would you like to be immortal? Little Rik 188 17989 February 20, 2017 at 8:43 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  LOL, wonder if that was a mistake? vorlon13 11 1667 November 11, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  What would evidence of a God even look like? Excited Penguin 153 22187 September 12, 2016 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  WHY I LEFT ISLAM - An Apostate's Story bussta33 2 1264 April 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Does anyone else feel like this? dyresand 21 3963 December 11, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Joods
  My Conversion Story Secular Atheist 23 3920 October 18, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Wonder of Reality PhilosophicalZebra 54 9023 May 2, 2015 at 10:10 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Anyone else ever think like this? Jextin 10 2425 December 31, 2014 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: paulpablo