Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists and Agnostics have God
Atheists and Agnostics have God
God is love

1 John 4
7 whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love...

12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

16 God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him/her.

I've seen a lot of love (God) here...

a lot of assholes as well :p
RE: Atheists and Agnostics have God
Still can't believe in the invisible bastard in the sky
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Believe in love. That bastard is in your heart not the sky. The bastard that moves you to help others even though there is no pleasure or gain in it for you. That is what Scripture says we will be judged on is love. Put those Religious hypocrites to shame why don't you.
Love =/= God.
Love = Love.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 3, 2014 at 12:45 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Believe in love. That bastard is in your heart not the sky. The bastard that moves you to help others even though there is no pleasure or gain in it for you. That is what Scripture says we will be judged on is love. Put those Religious hypocrites to shame why don't you.

There is nothing to judge us, and I don't accept a bronze age book of myths as any kind of evidence.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

God's love is conditional on your doing exactly what he tells you to do, when and how.

Real love, like that of a parent for a child, is unconditional. Tell me then - how the fuck did we get that love from him?

God has no idea what unconditional love even is.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
God is love.
Love is not jealous.
The Lord your God is a jealous god.

God disproved with Bible quotes.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(April 3, 2014 at 12:26 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: God is love

1 John 4
7 whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love...

12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

16 God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him/her.

I've often wondered how some people can act impressed by such obvious fucking drivel as that?
(April 3, 2014 at 12:26 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I've seen a lot of love (God) here...

a lot of assholes as well :p
If we're made in his image, then we must accept that he's also an asshole. If he personifies love, he must personify being an asshole. Think about it, if you were writing a book about the most powerful person in the universe --and someone who has shown himself willing to do some really really nasty things to people he doesn't like-- how are you going to describe him? I think the gospel writers turned in their manuscript to their editors and the discussion went as follows:

Editor: Love? Really? You think he "is" love?
Writer: You want to change it?
Editor: *thinks for a moment*
Editor: No, no! Love is fine, let's tell everyone that he "is love!"
Editor: *sweats profusely*
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
That's funny, because if I were to love my sons the way the god of the bible loves, they'd be taken away from me.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18437 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3385 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14270 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  you have to have faith..and there's a purpose k2490 16 5772 June 1, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12447 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Question for Deists and Agnostics themonkeyman 14 2794 November 19, 2013 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Atheists and Agnostics risk infinite loss for no gain SavedByGraceThruFaith 313 115843 October 5, 2013 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Famous People who have Praised God and Died michaelsherlock 22 12144 April 24, 2012 at 1:03 am
Last Post: radorth
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6705 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  Have all of the Atheists and some others on like forums comited the unforgivable sin? Pel 41 13890 February 10, 2012 at 2:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger