Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:31 am

Poll: Do you want to play?
This poll is closed.
Sure, sounds good
60.00%
12 60.00%
No, fuck off
10.00%
2 10.00%
NEEEEEEEEERD
15.00%
3 15.00%
Video games are the work of Satan
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Play a Game
Lets Play a Game

I was thinking seems there are quite a few gamers around here. We should try getting some of us together to play something.

So I figure the requirements should be this:
  • On PC seems most of us have one. Plus we can all get the game on steam cheap.
  • The game should be PVE so skill gaps don't ruin our fun and lag from being in different continents not too big a problem.
  • It shouldn't be too high spec so more people can actually play.
  • Something lighthearted where if we all die 20 times its funny not irritating. Plus it means people who don't game regularly aren't put off playing socially.

I'm not sure if anyone has any other requirements. I'm not fussed if people have mic's or not but I was thinking we should use Skype to chat. Hopefully the game has some kind of chat in it for those without mic's.

Games I have already that I think could work are:
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Magicka
Space Engineers
Terraria
Garry's Mod
Borderlands 2
Minecraft

I also have a bunch of Strategy Games you could all kick my ass at. Free to Play MMO's could be a laugh too.

So I hope a few people are interested in giving this a go, then all we have to figure out is a preferred game and what time we play at. Perhaps we could have an agreement on saving any debates for the forums just to keep things running smoothly.
RE: Lets Play a Game
Well, count me out. My blood's not rich enough to own a gaming rig.

If anyone wants to play on PS4, however, I am more than willing.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 7, 2014 at 9:46 am)Faith No More Wrote: Well, count me out. My blood's not rich enough to own a gaming rig.

If anyone wants to play on PS4, however, I am more than willing.

Thats a shame. Would be awesome if we had a few people playing together on each platform Big Grin
I've bought garry's mod on steam but never played it, I'm up for this provided we play something my laptop can actually run. Although I'm confident it will run everything except for the really high end AAA titles.
(April 7, 2014 at 10:06 am)Napoléon Wrote: I've bought garry's mod on steam but never played it, I'm up for this provided we play something my laptop can actually run. Although I'm confident it will run everything except for the really high end AAA titles.

Its a crazy game, there are a ton of mods you can play on it. I'm not certain on how the multiplayer works but it can't be tough to figure out. Stuff like Prop hunt, trouble in terrorist town and murder would probably suit a small group of us well.
NIPPLESALAD!!!!

Ahem, I mean, Borderlands 2 sounds like an excellent choice! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(April 7, 2014 at 10:44 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Ahem, I mean, Borderlands 2 sounds like an excellent choice! Big Grin

Would be an easy one to have people drop in and out of. The system requirements aren't too bad either.

Do you think you could run it Napo?http://store.steampowered.com/app/49520/

Downside is that you would have to shell out the £20 to get it too.
One that is free, and somehow similar is Loadout.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(April 7, 2014 at 10:58 am)Insanity Wrote: Do you think you could run it Napo?http://store.steampowered.com/app/49520/

Nah I just checked my graphics card can't handle it. I can run star wars the old republic, sims 3 and shogun 2 but that's about the best I can go.
(April 7, 2014 at 11:48 am)Napoléon Wrote: Nah I just checked my graphics card can't handle it. I can run star wars the old republic, sims 3 and shogun 2 but that's about the best I can go.

What are your laptops specs? I'll try find something to match them.

Loadout certainly seems to have lower system requirements.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2139 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Anyone here play GTA Online? copiedusername 2 691 December 17, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: copiedusername
  Would you play Pacman if he looked like this? Mechaghostman2 10 2234 November 4, 2019 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Destiny 2 base game will go Free to play Cepheus Ace 0 379 June 7, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Let's play Holy Text misprints! FebruaryOfReason 0 564 February 22, 2016 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Does anyone play CAH? Losty 2 892 September 24, 2015 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Losty
  Anyone play Project Zomboid? dyresand 0 733 August 2, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Does anyone play terraria? Mental Outlaw 1 839 July 26, 2015 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Exian
  Anyone Here Play the Sims Games? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 5 1204 July 23, 2015 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Anyone else here play eve online? Lemonvariable72 15 2908 June 3, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: dyresand