Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Believe Will Happen To You Once You Die?
What Do You Believe Will Happen To You Once You Die?
Just curious what atheists and agnostics believe happen. Thank you ahead of time for your responses. Smile
RE: What Do You Believe Will Happen To You Once You Die?
I'll have my organs harvested for tranplant

I'll be taken to a morgue, possibly autopsied .

I'll go to a funeral home and my body prepared.

Then I'll be cremated.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 13, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Just curious what atheists and agnostics believe happen. Thank you ahead of time for your responses. Smile

As to what will happen to me personally, I will cease to be. As to what will happen to my body, it will decay and return to the ecosystem.

You lot should be VERY concerned about my death. When I die, the Universe ends.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 13, 2014 at 3:50 pm)Beccs Wrote: I'll have my organs harvested for tranplant

Then I'll be cremated.

So you believe you will have a complete loss of consciousness and existence?
I don't know what will happen to me after I die. I've got no reason to believe that anything will; most likely I'll just stop existing. If something does happen, I'm sure I'll find it interesting, though.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
The only reasonable possibility that I've heard is that consciousness is gone; you effectively stop existing. It'll be like how you were before you were born.
Your body will rot away in the ground, unless you get cremated or something else. And that's that.
(April 13, 2014 at 3:52 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 3:50 pm)Beccs Wrote: I'll have my organs harvested for tranplant

Then I'll be cremated.

So you believe you will have a complete loss of consciousness and existence?

All evidence points to this, yes.

Please don't now try bringing up NDEs.
Dying to live, living to die.
Someone (probably Harlan Ellison, but I won't swear to it) pointed out some time ago that there can't be an after life. If there were, Isaac Asimov would have written a book about it by now.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
When I die my body will be recycled into something else. The Earth is basically a big recycling center.
(April 13, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Just curious what atheists and agnostics believe happen. Thank you ahead of time for your responses. Smile
Life goes on without me, just like a tree goes on living after a leaf falls off of it and dies. It will feel exactly the same after I die as it did before I was born.

I fear pain and I would be lying if I said I didn't fear not existing. I'd also fear the pain those who survive me will go through that loved me while I was a live.

But I have no fear of nature itself and death is simply one aspect of it. So to answer the question. Science proves once you are dead you stay dead after the body gets beyond the window of possible repair. You stop living that is the end of you. Mundane reality isn't sexy but it is reality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where do we go when we die and are you afraid? Shazzalovesnovels 271 20765 August 6, 2020 at 8:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Yeah, not going to happen!! Mystic 29 4742 October 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Two scenarios that may/may not happen. RayOfLight 85 16942 November 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2487 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why do bad things happen? Because they do. Brian37 14 3856 April 8, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: BenMighty
  do you worry about if anything bad would happen if christianity died? Rextos 26 5017 February 13, 2016 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Psychology behind debating? Or is it just fun to stir the pot once in a while? cosmowanderer 21 5847 September 21, 2015 at 7:51 am
Last Post: Shining_Finger
  Wish this nutjob would hurry up and die. Spooky 30 5952 August 11, 2015 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Ultimate purpose without religion... "If I Die on Mars" Mudhammam 0 967 February 12, 2015 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Well what happens after we die? JohnNelson98 54 9177 August 16, 2014 at 7:28 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin