Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"They'll just raise prices if thy raise the minimum wage."
I've been hearing about the minimum wage being so low that people with a full time job still need assistance or multiple jobs to make a living wage, but I've had people say we can't raise the minimum wage because stores and such will just raise prices.

I tried to tell them that everyone shouldn't have to raise prices because workers who get more money will be able to buy things in greater quantity. That wasn't very convincing, so i was wondering if anyone who knew more about economics could tell me how this works. How do we get the government to pay people more without employers jacking up the prices?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: "They'll just raise prices if thy raise the minimum wage."
(April 13, 2014 at 5:48 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I've been hearing about the minimum wage being so low that people with a full time job still need assistance or multiple jobs to make a living wage, but I've had people say we can't raise the minimum wage because stores and such will just raise prices.

I tried to tell them that everyone shouldn't have to raise prices because workers who get more money will be able to buy things in greater quantity. That wasn't very convincing, so i was wondering if anyone who knew more about economics could tell me how this works. How do we get the government to pay people more without employers jacking up the prices?

Prices are set by the market not labor costs. If labor costs determined prices GM would never have gone broke. Here is a video which explains the negatives of minimum wage.

The problem Woodie is that we've been stuck with the theories of these libertarian cocksuckers....like the bunch whose video you just put out...and the result is that nearly half the country is on welfare because they get paid shit while the corporate whores rake it in hand over fist.

Then, for their next trick, the blame the poor for being poor and want to cut their food stamps.

Fuck them...and you.
(April 13, 2014 at 6:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The problem Woodie is that we've been stuck with the theories of these libertarian cocksuckers....like the bunch whose video you just put out...and the result is that nearly half the country is on welfare because they get paid shit while the corporate whores rake it in hand over fist.

Then, for their next trick, the blame the poor for being poor and want to cut their food stamps.

Fuck them...and you.

While benefiting others, the minimum wage is going to have a negative impact on some people. Those people it will have a negative impact on are as follows:

A)Employers whose profits will decrease by paying a higher wage.
B)Employees who find their labor has been priced out of the market.

Liberaltards like you pretend B doesn't happen. Then when it is pointed out that it does, you want to change the subject to something else...like food stamps or something.

Get your head out of the sand and see the world for what it is. There are no free lunches. Government actions benefit some at the expense of others.
You CANNOT have slavery back...no matter how much you want it.

Sorry. You are just going to have to join the 21st century.
Here is an example of demagoguery in lieu of a cogent argument.

(April 13, 2014 at 7:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You CANNOT have slavery back...no matter how much you want it.

Sorry. You are just going to have to join the 21st century.
(April 13, 2014 at 7:28 pm)Heywood Wrote: [quote='Minimalist' pid='650326' dateline='1397429686']
The problem Woodie is that we've been stuck with the theories of these libertarian cocksuckers....like the bunch whose video you just put out...and the result is that nearly half the country is on welfare because they get paid shit while the corporate whores rake it in hand over fist.

Fuck them...and you.

While benefiting others, the minimum wage is going to have a negative impact on some people. Those people it will have a negative impact on are as follows:

A)Employers whose profits will decrease by paying a higher wage.[/quote]

Oh no! You mean the employers will have to pay people a fair exchange for labor?!

(April 13, 2014 at 7:28 pm)Heywood Wrote: [quote='Minimalist' pid='650326' dateline='1397429686']B)Employees who find their labor has been priced out of the market.

So that nice conservative couple who wanted to pay 4 day laborers $150 for 3 days of work to pour the cement pond in their backyard isn't going to have their dream come true? Oh no!

(April 13, 2014 at 7:28 pm)Heywood Wrote: [quote='Minimalist' pid='650326' dateline='1397429686']Liberaltards like you pretend B doesn't happen. Then when it is pointed out that it does, you want to change the subject to something else...like food stamps or something.

You're out of cogent arguments, so you've switched to name calling and appeals from prejudice you say?

(April 13, 2014 at 7:28 pm)Heywood Wrote: [quote='Minimalist' pid='650326' dateline='1397429686']Get your head out of the sand and see the world for what it is. There are no free lunches. Government actions benefit some at the expense of others.

Oh no! The rich won't have as many free lunches if there are government actions to make sure employees are paid a living wage for the work they do! What will happen then? Oh no!
(April 13, 2014 at 8:24 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: Oh no! You mean the employers will have to pay people a fair exchange for labor?!

Why do you think individuals are incapable of negotiating a fair wage?
(April 13, 2014 at 6:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The problem Woodie is that we've been stuck with the theories of these libertarian cocksuckers....like the bunch whose video you just put out...and the result is that nearly half the country is on welfare because they get paid shit while the corporate whores rake it in hand over fist.

Fuck them...and you.

The same panic comes up whenever the minimum wage is raised to a decent level in other countries.

So far it has yet to show negative impact.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/minimum...zqsii.html
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 13, 2014 at 11:35 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 8:24 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: Oh no! You mean the employers will have to pay people a fair exchange for labor?!

Why do you think individuals are incapable of negotiating a fair wage?

Look around Heywood, if they weren't greedy bastards they'd already be paying a fair wage.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI & Citizens Wage FrustratedFool 8 936 September 14, 2023 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Raising the minimum wage won't help Foxaèr 156 7742 June 16, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why $15 an hour minimum wage SUCKS onlinebiker 94 4399 December 21, 2020 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 949 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  US - raise the gas tax onlinebiker 55 3267 November 30, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1009 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Will Muslims love Trump? They are whiny little bitches just like him. Greatest I am 1 923 September 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Can Republicans finally just admit that they hate black people NuclearEnergy 7 1983 July 10, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 954 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  So I see that Mnuchin is going to raise the tax rate to 15% GUBU 5 1514 April 27, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist