Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Logic
Christian Logic
Christian Logic:

God Speaks To Man 2000 Years Ago = Religion!
God Speaks To Man In 2014 = Schizophrenia!

-----------------------------------
Christian Logic:

Science is able to generate monkey clones with special traits prior to the cloning process.
science is now able to land a man on Mars in 8 years.
Science is unable to prove Evolution or the age of the earth.

Got anymore?
RE: Christian Logic
Christians still believe that God speaks to people. There are dozens of articles about it on the internet. Here are 3 examples.

About Com - How to Hear from God - Hearing God's Voice

How Can I Hear God Speaking to Me?

God Talks To You
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
The phrase Christian Logic is an oxymoron.

Christian Logic is neither.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
This sort of thing?

"Things don't just pop into existence... everything needs a creator.

My god doesn't need a creator."
Xtian logic is just like regular logic, only without the 'logic' part.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Many Christians claim that they communicate with god in their hearts. They consider this normal.

If they claimed they were doing this through their toaster, they'd be considered mentally ill, even by other Christians.

Why does the toaster make a difference in questioning their sanity?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(April 17, 2014 at 1:49 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: Christians still believe that God speaks to people. There are dozens of articles about it on the internet. Here are 3 examples.

About Com - How to Hear from God - Hearing God's Voice

How Can I Hear God Speaking to Me?

God Talks To You

Larger point: Christianity is so widespread and diverse, having been a synchratic faith to begin with (it was born borrowing from here and a bit there, and...) that any statement beginning with "Christians believe..." is certain to invite a response from a self-described "Christian" who rejects that idea.

I mean, there are even self-described "atheist Christians".

Yes, "atheist Christians."

Really, I've actually known a few.

No, I don't get it either but there you go.

Once I posted a video on the one-question challenge for Christians asking "why does blood sacrifice make anything better?" I was asking about the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and what, if anything, does that have to do with my sins or making everything I've done wrong OK? It seems a barbaric throwback to when humans made blood sacrifices to the gods to appease the wrath of the gods.

I thought surely Christians all have that in common: the belief that Jesus died for our sins.

Guess what? I got a response video from an Eastern Orthodox Christian who claims that Eastern Orthodoxy rejects the idea of the atonement sacrifice of Jesus. What's he doing on the cross then? I never got an answer aside from a snippy "do your own research!"

Really, shouldn't be surprising since Christianity itself was born as a diverse collection of faiths. In fact, the doctrinal differences between the different early "Christianities" were mind-boggling. Some believed in many gods. Some believed in rejecting the OT and all things Jewish. Some believed Paul was a heretic. Some believed that Jesus was a higher god, an angel, a mortal prophet, and an illusion.

Today, everyone creates their own Christianity to suit their liking. If they bother to read the Bible at all, and many don't, they will cherry pick and obtusely interpret the individual verses they like to confirm when they already believe. The Jesus they revere is born of their own individual imagination and is often a glorified self-reflection.

I'm not criticizing the author of the OP. I completely understand what you mean to say, that you are thinking specifically about the fundies, but just be prepared whenever you talk about "why do Christians think..." that you'll surely encounter an indignant Christian who'll tell you that they're not True Christians ™.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(April 17, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Why does the toaster make a difference in questioning their sanity?

Because of a fallacy to which they often resort.

If others believe it, it can't be wrong.

Plenty of others believe in Allah over God, yet I do not see god worshippers supplicating themselves to allah, and vice versa.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 17, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Why does the toaster make a difference in questioning their sanity?

The same reason they think* that worshiping Zeus is silly but Yahweh is real.

The same reason they think* that sacrificing a virgin in a volcano is barbaric and absurd, but Jesus dying on the cross to atone for our sins a noble part of their religion.

The same reason they think* that Islam is barbaric and violent but the Crusades were justified.

* Apologies to the Christian reader who doesn't think this way. You can now enjoy a good laugh at the ridiculous beliefs of these people knowing they aren't True Christians ™ like you.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Being a murder and a rapist and accepting Jesus at the end of your life is better than living a life of altruism and generosity but being a non-believer.

Slight genetic mutations accumulating over millions of years to create humans is a fairy tale, but a man taking two of every animal onto a boat for forty days and then repopulating the earth with his children makes complete sense.

Saying "god did it" solves any and every philosophical question.

You can't prove my god doesn't exist, therefore, he must.

Infinite punishment is just, especially when it's for people that disagree with me.

God is good, because everything he does is good, because god is good.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When logic fails, falsely play victim. Brian37 9 1066 January 31, 2021 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89381 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christian Logic brewer 22 3795 June 13, 2018 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Christian Logic Incognito 8 1244 June 11, 2016 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I don't get God's logic at all ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1940 June 2, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  christian logic vs atheist logic atheist04330 18 3439 July 20, 2014 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7437 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  christian logic is dangerous atheist04330 16 2697 July 15, 2014 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  The Christian Logic! Yahweh 8 2638 November 8, 2013 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Rant of logic: There is no such thing as a "Christian" GateofZion 53 21176 January 5, 2013 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: fr0d0