Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When logic fails, falsely play victim.
When logic fails, falsely play victim.
I found this on Hemant Mehta's page. In this clip it happens to be a Christian nut. But worldwide depending on sect individual, all religions have conservatives who falsely claim to be persecuted. "Persecution" in human history is an era issue and geographical. But not all humans are persecuted even if some are. In the west in  America Christians are not persecuted. But if you are say an X-Muslim, or atheist, or decide to convert to Christianity in say Saudi Arabia, one would risk their life speaking out. But this idiot isn't persecuted. 

The lady is basically talking about a sloth, so therefor "My God is the correct God". The guy takes it off the rails at the 3:20 mark and bitches about being persecuted. 

I found the video here.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2021...um=twitter
RE: When logic fails, falsely play victim.
Using sloths as a segue to Christian persecution is really pretty funny. Most sloths are Buddhists.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 29, 2021 at 4:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Using sloths as a segue to Christian persecution is really pretty funny. Most sloths are Buddhists.

Boru

No they are not, they are Jews, no wait, Rastas, yea yea, that's the ticket.

If I could talk to that idiot I would say, "No moron, you are not persecuted. Kurdish Christians are, Palestinian Christians are, Tibet Buddhists are, Chinese Muslims are. You sir, here in America are not persecuted. Just because I question your horrible logic and think you are full of shit does not mean I am going to shoot you or stab you to death. Being afraid that you might of gotten it all wrong is your baggage, not mine. That does not entitle you to falsely claim to be persecuted."
(January 29, 2021 at 4:41 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 29, 2021 at 4:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Using sloths as a segue to Christian persecution is really pretty funny. Most sloths are Buddhists.

Boru

No they are not, they are Jews, no wait, Rastas, yea yea, that's the ticket.

If I could talk to that idiot I would say, "No moron, you are not persecuted. Kurdish Christians are, Palestinian Christians are, Tibet Buddhists are, Chinese Muslims are. You sir, here in America are not persecuted. Just because I question your horrible logic and think you are full of shit does not mean I am going to shoot you or stab you to death. Being afraid that you might of gotten it all wrong is your baggage, not mine. That does not entitle you to falsely claim to be persecuted."

Agree to disagree. Sloths don’t have the guilt to be Jewish or the energy to be Rastafarian.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Actually, I can imagine a Christian being "persecuted" if they proclaim the word of "Jesus" at me every time I walk by. I might just give them a piece of my mind.

This video is quite tame. It is a standard Christian trope that to be faithful to Jesus means you must be persecuted like the early martyrs. The more persecuted you are, the more evidence that you are doing God's will. Proclaiming the "good news" will make people hate you, and you should rejoice in that.
Chriistards are persecuted whenever they cannot force their will upon others.

And by the way, the average sloth worships the Sumerian gods.
(January 29, 2021 at 7:17 pm)no one Wrote: Chriistards are persecuted whenever they cannot force their will upon others.

Agreed, if they want to know what living in fear is, they need to go to the Holocaust Museum, or try walking around Saudi Arabia or Iran and keep repeating "God, not Allah, is the one true  God."

Naw, sloths worship the Mayan gods.
(January 29, 2021 at 7:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 29, 2021 at 7:17 pm)no one Wrote: Chriistards are persecuted whenever they cannot force their will upon others.

Agreed, if they want to know what living in fear is, they need to go to the Holocaust Museum, or try walking around Saudi Arabia or Iran and keep repeating "God, not Allah, is the one true  God."

If you were to walk about in a Muslim theocracy saying, ‘God, not Allah, is the one true God’, I think you’d be ok, apart from getting slightly bemused looks from people. ‘Allah’ means ‘God’ (the very same one), so you’d be saying, ‘Allah, not Allah, is the one true Allah’.

People might even invite you in for a cool drink and a lie down, figuring you’d been out in the sun too long.

Boru
(January 31, 2021 at 12:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 29, 2021 at 7:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Agreed, if they want to know what living in fear is, they need to go to the Holocaust Museum, or try walking around Saudi Arabia or Iran and keep repeating "God, not Allah, is the one true  God."

If you were to walk about in a Muslim theocracy saying, ‘God, not Allah, is the one true God’, I think you’d be ok, apart from getting slightly bemused looks from people. ‘Allah’ means ‘God’ (the very same one), so you’d be saying, ‘Allah, not Allah, is the one true Allah’.

People might even invite you in for a cool drink and a lie down, figuring you’d been out in the sun too long.

Boru

Um yea. Ok.

If I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, ok.

But that is also not what I am talking about. I am talking about anyone daring to claim their core hero or profit does not exist.
(January 31, 2021 at 12:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 31, 2021 at 12:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If you were to walk about in a Muslim theocracy saying, ‘God, not Allah, is the one true God’, I think you’d be ok, apart from getting slightly bemused looks from people. ‘Allah’ means ‘God’ (the very same one), so you’d be saying, ‘Allah, not Allah, is the one true Allah’.

Boru

Um yea. Ok.

If I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, ok.

But that is also not what I am talking about. I am talking about anyone daring to claim their core hero or profit does not exist.

I don’t need ‘the benefit of the doubt’. ‘Allah’ is the Arabic word for the God of Abraham.

Profit always exists if they buy low, sell high and keep expenses under control.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3142 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Turnabout is fair play LinuxGal 15 1394 November 11, 2022 at 6:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  why faith fails Drich 43 4370 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Christian Logic brewer 22 3792 June 13, 2018 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  It's Time to Play...WHO'S WORSE THAN YAHWEH! Astonished 37 11295 September 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Do Christians worship a suicide victim? madog 101 11346 July 10, 2016 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Merzer
  Christian Logic Incognito 8 1238 June 11, 2016 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I don't get God's logic at all ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1940 June 2, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ceteloguing the Tricks Theists Play Rhondazvous 150 21834 June 16, 2015 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
Exclamation Hell and the Play Nice Christian Cinjin 202 30361 February 26, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain