Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An article entitled "Statements that evolutionists can't answer"
An article entitled "Statements that evolutionists can't answer"
Hello all,

I am a skeptical Messianic Jewish believer who is trying to look at both sides of the theism/atheism debate, and wanted to see responses on this article. I am trying to learn everything I can on both sides, and am open to proofs of both. If you could take a moment to look over this article and share your thoughts, that'd be great. Thanks.
RE: An article entitled "Statements that evolutionists can't answer"
I think I can answer this without having to read past the title.

Statements That Evolutionists Cannot Answer

Just because we do not yet have an answer, does not mean that we should automatically fill in the gaps of knowledge with god did it.

Science does the rational, reasonable thing by stating "I don't know" and then seeks the answer, while religion would rather claim to already know the answer through the creation of the conceptual idea of a supernatural answer that has no evidence to support it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The article actually seems to have some very good information. Specifically about the sun not being able to exist for as long as the currently accepted age of the earth and universe says it has.
Rebuttals to many of those claims can be found here:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(April 27, 2014 at 7:52 pm)potch Wrote: The article actually seems to have some very good information. Specifically about the sun not being able to exist for as long as the currently accepted age of the earth and universe says it has.

I find it interesting that they claim that the speed of light is not constant, but processes that are known to not be (such as variability of stars are).

Cherry picking at it's finest. See Mister Agenda's post for a link that addresses many of those claims.
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Will look into it when I get a moment. Finals week sucks.
(April 27, 2014 at 7:52 pm)potch Wrote: The article actually seems to have some very good information. Specifically about the sun not being able to exist for as long as the currently accepted age of the earth and universe says it has.

Cosmology and the age of the sun has nothing to do with evolution.
Dying to live, living to die.
This is all old stuff, but I'll have a lash.

1. The article suspects that the speed of light may be 'faster in space'. This is idiotic, as the speed is light is the speed of light IN space.

2. This one is the same old hack about the Earth's magnetic field decay rate. The rate fluctuates, it doesn't constantly decay.

3. The Earth is slowing down. Indeed it is, at the rate of about 2/100 000ths of a second per year. This means that after 4.5 (roughly) billion years, the length of a year would shorten 25 hours. Big fat hairy deal.

4. Sun shrinkage. Utter bollocks, as the sun does NOT constantly shrink. It oscillates on an 80-odd year cycle.

5. Not answerable, as the website uses a Biblical passage.

6. A horrible misquote of John Eddy's, not worthy of reply.

7. Displays a stunning ignorance of celestial mechanics, and whether Saturn's rings could coalesce.

8. I suspect this is something they made up, as I checked several sources and was unable to find a moon of Saturn called 'Insolitus'.

9. Whinging about titan's atmosphere, forgetting that Titan is covered in dirty, dirty clouds.

10. Mercury's magnetic field is not decaying. The authors of the article can't seem to grasp that Mercury is a hot place.

11. Once again, creationists are stumped by basic arithmetic. The seem to think that 64 people built the pyramids.

I'm not going to do the rest. It's just more of the same - willful ignorance coupled with deliberate dishonesty. Can't say I'm surprised.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 27, 2014 at 8:02 pm)potch Wrote: Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Will look into it when I get a moment. Finals week sucks.

If your finals have anything to do with the topics in the article you posted, you're going to fail. Thus spaketh the non-profit prophet.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
LOL. I'm a social work major. Science is not my forte, at least not yet. I'm just starting to research and learn. And I do want to learn this stuff. I'm somewhat ignorant of a lot of science right now, but that's why I've come here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Look Out, Suicide Article brewer 0 693 December 22, 2016 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: brewer
  "How to Change Someone's Mind" Wash. Post. article drfuzzy 0 832 February 25, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  "What Are Evolutionists So Afraid Of?" Dolorian 60 9232 September 5, 2014 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Evolution, the Bible, and the 3.5 Million Dollar Violin - my article Jeffonthenet 99 56058 September 4, 2012 at 11:50 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  An answer to the Cambrian conundrum popeyespappy 1 1446 November 29, 2011 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Global Warming denial an article of religious faith | BBC Anymouse 13 6508 July 12, 2011 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious