Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if the main propose of the church is to cover a pedophile ring?
What if the main propose of the church is to cover a pedophile ring?
That was a thought that I had earlier today, because if you think about Catholicism is such prefect cover for pedophile's. You have a religion that encourages the followers to sheep to the church and enables easy persecution against those that stand up against it, you also have a priest system that enables priests to be easily moved from one place to the next, and you all the while you gain great wealth and power by threatening souls. Classic example of volcano insurance.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: What if the main propose of the church is to cover a pedophile ring?
That's like saying just because banana is perfectly shaped for being shoved up Ray comfort's ass, therefore the banana's main purpose is probably to be shoved up Ray comfort's ass.
(May 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm)Chuck Wrote: That's like saying just because banana is perfectly shaped for being shoved up Ray comfort's ass, therefore the banana's main purpose is probably to be shoved up Ray comfort's ass.

The issue with shoving a banana up ray comfort's ass is that you have to get kirk Cameron's dick out of there first
Signifying nothing.
Meh. Put some butter on that thing and it'll pop right out.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 2, 2014 at 9:33 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Meh. Put some butter on that thing and it'll pop right out.

What you need is something more like a proctologist.
Signifying nothing.
If it were their main purpose it would mean that ultimately they fucked that up too.

A record of futility nearly unsurpassed in human history.
(May 2, 2014 at 6:55 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: That was a thought that I had earlier today, because if you think about Catholicism is such prefect cover for pedophile's. You have a religion that encourages the followers to sheep to the church and enables easy persecution against those that stand up against it, you also have a priest system that enables priests to be easily moved from one place to the next, and you all the while you gain great wealth and power by threatening souls. Classic example of volcano insurance.

What do you mean "If the main propose of the church is to cover a pedophile ring"?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

The main purpose might be to make money, oh, excuse me, filthy lucre ?

The child sex being viewed as a perk of office, perhaps.

(wow, never thought I would be springing to the defense of the RCC here)

Tongue
Damn - Min beat me to it!

My response was going to be:

What if the main propose of the church is to cover a paedophile ring? Then they're doing a piss-poor job of it.

But I won't bother now. Tongue
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Relevant:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pedophile Priest Hits Close To Home Seraphina 64 10797 March 14, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence. Greatest I am 3 1367 February 26, 2016 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Vatican ‘rent-boy’ prostitution ring exposed: ‘underage boys’ exploited Gooders1002 11 5735 July 15, 2013 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Muslim cleric wants Canadian women to cover up to prevent rape. Ziploc Surprise 5 2820 July 21, 2012 at 9:42 am
Last Post: toro
  Another good Christian Pedophile Jaysyn 4 3209 May 18, 2012 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Ace Otana
  What will be that main way of religion in 100 years? Gooders1002 42 15304 February 13, 2012 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  The main reasons why I'm atheist wuzzey 28 10939 October 22, 2009 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: fr0d0