Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boko Haram abducts Nigerian schoolgirls to 'sell into slavery'
Boko Haram abducts Nigerian schoolgirls to 'sell into slavery'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27298614

Somewhat old news as I believe this happened a while back.

Their leader (or at least the guy who claims to have carried out the kidnapping is most certainly the definition of insane.

A greater symptom of a country that is increasingly becoming broken by religious and political strife.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: Boko Haram abducts Nigerian schoolgirls to 'sell into slavery'
(May 6, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27298614

Their leader (or at least the guy who claims to have carried out the kidnapping is most certainly the definition of insane.

A greater symptom of a country that is increasingly becoming broken by religious and political strife.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27298614

Not that old, they've just taken another eight.

Muslims eh!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Indeed. But let's face it, Boko Haram is about as insane as they come (executing children in schools by setting them on fire, for example). But the Christians in the south aren't all that much better.

There's undoubtedly people in the Nigerian government who are helping BH, and until that's confronted, expect to see more violence and more destruction.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Frankly, these fucking animals make me sick.

The sooner they're removed from the planet, and for once I advocate any means necessary, the better it will be.
Dying to live, living to die.
In my knowledge, the girls committed kufr and are subject to slavery because slavery is the penalty in this case for being a disbeliever. Boko Haram doesn't violate the Qur'an in any way and is considered to be a true Muslim, or exemplary Muslim. A Muslim is a person who submits his will to God and follows the Qur'an.

Smile
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
(May 6, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27298614

This is an interesting story in many ways. First, it mirrors several famous mass kidnappings of women, one from the Bible and another from Roman history. It also shows how brutal the recent African slave trade was when millions of Africans were kidnapped and shipped off to the Western Hemisphere.

Frankly, I can see a scenario in which the kidnappers would beg to be crucified because that would be the most merciful execution they would receive.

Just remember, both the Bible and the Koran approve of kidnapping women.
Quote:Their leader (or at least the guy who claims to have carried out the kidnapping is most certainly the definition of insane.

Or, perhaps...

Quote:Their leader (or at least the guy who claims to have carried out the kidnapping is most certainly the definition of insane religious
(May 11, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Ksa Wrote: In my knowledge, the girls committed kufr and are subject to slavery because slavery is the penalty in this case for being a disbeliever. Boko Haram doesn't violate the Qur'an in any way and is considered to be a true Muslim, or exemplary Muslim. A Muslim is a person who submits his will to God and follows the Qur'an.

Smile

inb4 "moderate muslims" disagree... or just ignore this thread completely.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Why is there never a drone around when you really need one? Thinking
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Is Boko Haram backing off selling the girls into slavery now? Did Allah change his mind about that, or did they mis-hear what he wanted??

BTW, when the girls were for sale, did it not occur to anyone $3600 (300 X $12) would have solved the problem completely? Quite a bargain compared to what it is going to cost now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fatwa declares suicide attacks as Haram Foxaèr 17 5876 June 5, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Vaccinations are Haram apparently, and Muhammadans never get AIDS... ReptilianPeon 1 858 December 27, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Allah cares which Emjois you use: Let's find out which ones are Haram ReptilianPeon 3 952 August 21, 2016 at 4:12 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Muhammad sticks his nose into reality and fails miserably exMohammed 13 6140 August 20, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Islam’s Role in Boko Haram Kidnappings - Dr Mark Durie mralstoner 9 2719 June 2, 2014 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd