Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatwa declares suicide attacks as Haram
Fatwa declares suicide attacks as Haram
Quote:Religious scholars from all schools of thought on Saturday issued a fatwa (religious decree) that declared suicide attacks, armed insurgency against a state and use of force in the name of imposing Shariah as ‘Haram’ or forbidden in Islam.

The fatwa carrying signatures of 31 noted scholars was released at a seminar “'Reconstruction of Pakistani society in the light of 'Mithaq-e-Madina' (Charter of Madina) and announcement of 'Paigham-e-Pakistan' (Message of Pakistan). The event was organised by the Islamic Research Institute of the International Islamic University Islamabad.

The unanimous declaration was presented by Professor Masoom Yasinzai while Mufti Rafi Usmani read out the fatwa. The religious edict condemned terrorism and extremism and declared suicide attackers and their supporters as traitors. It also declared Jihad a jurisdiction of Islamic state and disallowed use of force in name of enforcement of Islamic laws.

On the occasion, a unanimous decalartion titled 'Paigham-e-Pakistan', also signed by religious scholars from all schools of thought, was presented. Paigham-e-Pakistan called for action against the forces fanning extremism, true implementation of the law dealing with blasphemy and discouraging mob justice in this regard.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/207047...acks-Haram
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Fatwa declares suicide attacks as Haram
I'm skeptical that this is going to do jack shit.
(June 4, 2017 at 11:15 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I'm skeptical that this is going to do jack shit.

I agree. The extremists will ignore it and it is highly doubtful that Islam will actually enforce any sort of punishment for those who abuse the law.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I wonder how much scholarly study and debate it required to come up with that? They should have asked me.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

It's great that they have it on paper. We'll have to see how well it's enforced.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 4, 2017 at 11:34 am)Chad32 Wrote: It's great that they have it on paper. We'll have to see how well it's enforced.

'Enforcement' might take the form of 31 decapitations . . . 

sorry to be cynical (not really) but differing interpretations of differing interpretations of a Holy tome that is itself rife with contradictions on this and most other topics ain't gonna do shit to stop the problem.  I'd posit a step up in that kind of activity in fact, just to emphasize how visceral the disagreement to that fatwa will be.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm sure there are 31 suicide bombers preparing to take out those 31 infidel loving assholes.  Let's see, 31 x 72 = 2,232 virgins.  That's a metric fuckton of virgins to have to come up with, allah.  Good luck.
Let's ask the Pope to pray for effectiveness and implementation.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The terrorists view themselves as 'pious', so being castigated negatively isn't going to do anything except flag some more as enemies of Allah needing to be slaughtered.

I think we need to start thinking about these members of ISIS, and other groups, as pious too. Actions against them need to be understood and designed with that in mind, as it is how they see themselves. They start getting the idea they are dying as apostates instead of martyrs, might have more impact on the problem.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The problem is not with Islamic fundamentalists, it's with the fundamentals of Islam.

Muhammad was a sex slave owning conquering warlord who conducted a violent and successful insurgency and received all of his Sura (the quran) while conducting this violent insurgency. He received his sura on an "as needed" basis as he was conquering Arabia.  Much of Islam is therefore concerned with rules handed from god to Muhammad about how to conduct a violent insurgency. 

Violent insurgency is hardwired into Islam and there's no changing that. Ever! 

Yes, Muhammed spoke of other things, but the violent insurgent ideology doesn't go away just because moderate muslims and liberal westerners reject that part of it or pretend it's not there. In fact, fundamentalists will simply treat this group of scholars as infidels since they are clearly going against much of what Muhammad said and did.

Don't be surprised to find some of these scholars turning up dead.
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vaccinations are Haram apparently, and Muhammadans never get AIDS... ReptilianPeon 1 858 December 27, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Allah cares which Emjois you use: Let's find out which ones are Haram ReptilianPeon 3 952 August 21, 2016 at 4:12 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Fatwa allowing husband to eat his wife. Ksa 3 1813 April 16, 2015 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Saudi Arabia declares all atheists terrorists Fidel_Castronaut 35 6304 January 16, 2015 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Boko Haram abducts Nigerian schoolgirls to 'sell into slavery' Fidel_Castronaut 43 6687 June 25, 2014 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Ksa
  Islam’s Role in Boko Haram Kidnappings - Dr Mark Durie mralstoner 9 2719 June 2, 2014 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Video Muslim Attacks Atheist For Insulting Muhammad In A Parade Zidneya 4 2110 May 3, 2014 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Muslim leaders issue a fatwa against anyone living on Mars Gooders1002 19 4870 February 24, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Assimilate
  Life Imitating Art; Suicide Bomber Edition Cato 0 947 February 11, 2014 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Cato
  Muslim Gang attacks American Student and you will not believe why (graphic) Gooders1002 6 3333 December 26, 2013 at 7:21 am
Last Post: NonXNonExX