Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New theory on how life began
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...70114.html
Quote:But a new theory, proposed by a researcher at MIT and first reported in Quanta Magazine, proposes that when a group of atoms is exposed for a long time to a source of energy, it will restructure itself to dissipate more energy. The emergence of life might not be the luck of atoms arranging themselves in the right way, it says, but an inevitable event if the conditions are correct.
RE: New theory on how life began
That probably needs a little fleshing out to account for the cell structures we all know and love but okay.
Know why atoms do that?  Because god.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Of course it's an inevitable event, but as of yet we don't know why. We don't know what process causes it. The laws of Chemistry on their own appear to be insufficient to explain it.

The problem though is that our universe should be "noisy" from all the other intelligent life and it isn't.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
This isn't a new idea. It's self organisation. We know that this must be how life began because all of nature self organises or is part of a larger self organising system. Given a thermodynamic gradient and given the right ingredients, you will get them rearranging themselves to minimise the input of free energy. The problem is showing exactly how it actually or likely self organised and this is sadly lacking from the article.

I've created a computational model myself showing that a random collection of abstract particles that can combine together using bonds and break apart again can by a random walk merge into aggregate groups to minimise energy and even feed off their surroundings. Not that I've published it yet. I'm stumped as to how I can show that this is relevant or interesting to the real world.

I fall firmly into the school of thought that metabolisms developed first and that replication came afterwards.
(March 1, 2016 at 10:45 am)Aractus Wrote: The problem though is that our universe should be "noisy" from all the other intelligent life and it isn't.

The noise hasn't made it to us yet.
That's not the problem though, the problem though is arrangements which are big enough to create the theoretical minimum requirements for the simplest form of life.

And how exactly can "replication come later"? By definition alone life needs the ability to replicate or at least grow. If it can grow it can grow & split &thus replicate, but if it can't do either of those two things at all then it isn't life. And it isn't going to gain the ability to become life either.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
The sun was the creator of the "life". One day, the life forms got horny and started rubbing things together. Then they realized that they didn't need the sun to make more of them so they turned away from it. There remained stories of the life giving sun that remain until today.
(March 1, 2016 at 10:45 am)Aractus Wrote: The problem though is that our universe should be "noisy" from all the other intelligent life and it isn't.

Why is that, do you think? Why, I mean, do you think the universe should be "noisy" from all the other intelligent life?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 1, 2016 at 10:45 am)Aractus Wrote: Of course it's an inevitable event, but as of yet we don't know why. We don't know what process causes it. The laws of Chemistry on their own appear to be insufficient to explain it.

The problem though is that our universe should be "noisy" from all the other intelligent life and it isn't.

You slipped the word "intelligent" in there.  There is nothing in evolution which suggests that intelligence is more highly prized than say, fertility.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek theory Won2blv 10 950 June 24, 2023 at 6:53 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Simulation Theory according to Dilbert Neo-Scholastic 110 14844 May 10, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Intelligent Design as a scientific theory? SuperSentient 26 5967 March 26, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Simulation Theory Documentary Neo-Scholastic 25 5417 August 30, 2016 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Life comes from life Won2blv 16 2990 April 7, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  New theory on Aboigenesis StuW 11 3700 February 26, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory? Walker_Lee 51 9704 May 14, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Creationists: Just a theory? Darwinian 31 7405 October 26, 2013 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  PZ Myers destroys Daniel Friedmann's YEC theory little_monkey 1 1177 June 17, 2013 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Big Bang theory confirmed (apparently) and amendments to make Joel 2 1848 March 21, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Joel