Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Blogger Sentenced in Saudi Arabia
This came up on my newsfeed on Facebook this afternoon.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast...65359.html

Quote: A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a blogger and activist to 10 years imprisonment and 1,000 lashes for setting up a "liberal" network and insulting Islam.

Fanatics who can't stand a little opposition or people who question.

If they didn't have oil they're be nothing more than another Bronze Age tribal shithole. Instead they're a RICH Bronze Age tribal shithole.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Atheist Blogger Sentenced in Saudi Arabia
Goodness forbid Islam ever comes to any real global power.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
When I got to work there was an envelope with the word "BOOM" written on it.

At first I thought I'd been targeted by Al Qaida and they'd been forced to make cutbacks.

To my relief it was just part of a promotion through the social club.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hey christians? GC, Rev, all you guys, come closer, come see this:

This is what real persecution looks like.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Bloggers are evil. How dare he!
I got this on my newsfeed. I still can't bring myself to share atheism stuff on my newsfeed. I hate it when Christians do it on mine, but I suspect it's more because I don't want to deal with the familial backlash.

I feel terrible for this guy. You take free speech for granted until you see stuff like this.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 8, 2014 at 8:19 am)Esquilax Wrote: Hey christians? GC, Rev, all you guys, come closer, come see this:

LMFAO
(May 8, 2014 at 9:05 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(May 8, 2014 at 8:19 am)Esquilax Wrote: Hey christians? GC, Rev, all you guys, come closer, come see this:

LMFAO

Summat funny, Hobbit? Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 8, 2014 at 9:05 am)fr0d0 Wrote:

LMFAO

Looks like Frodo's just revealed he's an even bigger hypocrite skid mark than previously known.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins interviews Saudi Arabian atheist Rana Ahmad AniKoferBo 2 802 July 22, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I'm an apostate in Saudi. bronybeat 4 1083 March 2, 2016 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Killed by Islamists Jenny A 10 2183 February 28, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  "Prominent atheist blogger" turned catholic -- ever heard of her? Taqiyya Mockingbird 22 10933 July 5, 2012 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda