Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Prominent atheist blogger" turned catholic -- ever heard of her?
"Prominent atheist blogger" turned catholic -- ever heard of her?
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/vid...tholic.cnn

Has anyone heard of this person?

Sounds to me like this CNN interviewer is some kind of x-tard wanking her wishful thinking on the airwaves.

If you have never heard of this blogger and think this whole charade is a stinking pile or horseshit, please let this CNN interviewer know about it on her Facebook page (you can make comments on it) at:

https://www.facebook.com/FredrickaWhitfieldCNN
RE: "Prominent atheist blogger" turned catholic -- ever heard of her?
Quote:If you have never heard of this blogger and think this whole charade is a stinking pile or horseshit, please let this CNN interviewer know about it on her Facebook page (you can make comments on it) at:

Why on earth should I bother? She's irrelevant to me. Besides,acknowledging her existence gives her credibility.
(June 27, 2012 at 12:51 am)padraic Wrote:
Quote:If you have never heard of this blogger and think this whole charade is a stinking pile or horseshit, please let this CNN interviewer know about it on her Facebook page (you can make comments on it) at:

Why on earth should I bother? She's irrelevant to me. Besides,acknowledging her existence gives her credibility.

That's really what I am getting at. CNN characterized her as some "prominent" blogger. No one on AFC, including myself, had heard of her before this. Has anyone here? The purpose of this exercise is to falsify this "prominent blogger" claim.
She really was an "atheist" blogger, but I somehow doubt she was ever actually atheist. Sounds more like she just called herself an atheist.
She has a semi-popular blog, I guess. I read her reasons for converting. Felt like a load of crap to me. /leshrug
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
So, she became a Catholic? Then she's became an apostate to our religion. I personally propose a fatwa, mostly because it sounds amusing. Fat - wah! Has a nice chanting quality too. Yes, let's rally the commie-nazi-atheist faith together against this threat! I'm deeply offended, incensed, and abhorred. Digusted, aghast and at half-mast. So genuinely worried that my pants have been sullied. Outraged, appalled and flabbergasted.

I, for one, will not allow this woman to halt our liberal, progressive, radical, anarchist, racial, sexual, gender equality, street corner abortion stores, white supremacy, drug-free, freely available drugs, fascist, communist, Marxist, Stalinist, Trotskyist, Tchaikovskyist, freemason, post-modern, heavy metal, satan worshipping, UFO spotting, bargain bin, dimestore, secondhand, patchquilt, anal sex, eugenics, euthanasia, nationless, nationalistic, nihilistic, power-seeking, Darwinistic, teen pregnancy, corporatocracy, mini-skirt, sex before marriage, smashing pumpkins agenda! FUCK. THAT. SHIT. Come on, everybody: into the Datsun! Take it up to 88mph; we're going to fucking Mordor! And this time, it's PERSONAL.
(June 27, 2012 at 4:05 am)Tempus Wrote: So, she became a Catholic? Then she's became an apostate to our religion. I personally propose a fatwa, mostly because it sounds amusing. Fat - wah! Has a nice chanting quality too. Yes, let's rally the commie-nazi-atheist faith together against this threat! I'm deeply offended, incensed, and abhorred. Digusted, aghast and at half-mast. So genuinely worried that my pants have been sullied. Outraged, appalled and flabbergasted.

I, for one, will not allow this woman to halt our liberal, progressive, radical, anarchist, racial, sexual, gender equality, street corner abortion stores, white supremacy, drug-free, freely available drugs, fascist, communist, Marxist, Stalinist, Trotskyist, Tchaikovskyist, freemason, post-modern, heavy metal, satan worshipping, UFO spotting, bargain bin, dimestore, secondhand, patchquilt, anal sex, eugenics, euthanasia, nationless, nationalistic, nihilistic, power-seeking, Darwinistic, teen pregnancy, corporatocracy, mini-skirt, sex before marriage, smashing pumpkins agenda! FUCK. THAT. SHIT. Come on, everybody: into the Datsun! Take it up to 88mph; we're going to fucking Mordor! And this time, it's PERSONAL.

ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL

(June 27, 2012 at 1:55 am)Annik Wrote: She has a semi-popular blog, I guess. I read her reasons for converting. Felt like a load of crap to me. /leshrug

Had you ever heard of her before this "conversion" nonsense?
As the Australian Atheist chant goes: Bullshit,Bullshit, Bullshit, Bullshit
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Can't say I've ever heard of her. None of the reasoning given seems particular credible, so there's probably more to it than is stated.

Meh. Who cares. The flow is decidedly Catholic to Atheist not the other way round.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
"It's nice to find a community here in D.C."

'Nuff said.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1854 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5256 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1461 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son Tomatoshadow2 60 4168 January 24, 2021 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  Have you Heathens heard the Good News? The Valkyrie 71 11537 January 26, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Would you as an atheist EVER do this? Alexmahone 41 6517 December 6, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 92779 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5444 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Has anyone heard this before? Socratic Meth Head 13 3162 March 30, 2016 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What's the lamest defence of Theism you've ever heard? FebruaryOfReason 458 52965 February 27, 2016 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13