Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God lives within us faith.
Currently I am at a hospital. About 3 weeks ago, I had a discussion with one of the workers who turned out to believe in God without religion like me. She said she believes God lives inside us all. I know what she meant and she made the point not to take it too literally.

I remember the scene from the Lion King where Rafeeki tells Simba that his father lives within him.

I feel this is the case with God. God is like the sword of the soul, the spiritual guide, but our access to him is imperfect.

If we are connected to God, how would I explain atheism? I think it might be like the case where atheists are being held by God, God lives within them, and they are connected to this reality, but they just fail to recognize the phenomenon. They take all the mystical presence as a natural phenomenon.

But the believers witnesses something incredible instead. He witnesses the real existing of the universal spirit (god) and it's living reality within us. The howness of this witnessing is hard to explain, but the witness is not only the effect but the link to the source and consequently the existence of the source. It's witnessing is not just a concept in the mind but be consumed into an existence where one is existence but non-existence, manifesting the universal existence. This is by being consumed into the existence of the divine as if witnessing yourself, you witness that being, because you exist through it and you are of that existence.

It lives inside of us to the extent we can witness each passing moment is caused by it's very existent. It's not our existence that keeps existing, it's his.

But most of all, it's a direct witnessing. It's process where there is no argument or effect that needs to be witnessed aside from the divine existing.

I wonder how many Theists believe God lives within us like I and her do?

From an Atheistic perspective, is this simply dismissed or do you think it's plausible your perspective is not in tune with the divine because of other factors?
RE: God lives within us faith.
(May 10, 2014 at 6:58 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: But the believers witnesses something incredible instead.

Yes, it is called self-delusion.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: va5enu5a.jpg]
If you think about something often enough, or hard enough, you can convince yourself of pretty much anything. The only way to really know is to have something to show for it. We just haven't had anything to show for supernatural things. One big example is finding out lightning doesn't come from some deity throwing thunderbolts while standing on the clouds.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I suspect that God lives within me after a particularly large curry. He frequently manifests himself as a rather runny poo.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think if God would write words in the sky saying he exists, it would make faith dry and too easy and dull.

I think faith in the unseen and the unseen journey is a more enriching experience.

I feel this is a major difference I have with atheists. I don't want some sort of mathematical proof of God's existence or miracles showing he exists. I rather have this inner reflection and reflection of the divine and build a relationship on God through faith in his unseen names and attributes that seem like foundation to my existence.

I rather have this non-evidence universe.
The kind of faith that the religious people espouse is no way towards truth or understanding. It's gullibility with a paint job. They think that god showing himself would cause us all to instantly worship him, despite that not being shown in the bible. It's just not the way people should act in a world where we know the natural causes of so many things that were once attributed to the supernatural.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I would also add God existing within us in an imperfect way makes a diverse human experience which is more enriching if we are all infallibly guided in a perfect way with perfect access.
(May 10, 2014 at 7:23 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I would also add God existing within us in an imperfect way makes a diverse human experience which is more enriching if we are all infallibly guided in a perfect way with perfect access.

No.

A comfortable lie should never be more valued or preferred over the harsh truth of reality.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 10, 2014 at 7:22 pm)Chad32 Wrote: They think that god showing himself would cause us all to instantly worship him, despite that not being shown in the bible.

I don't care too much about what the Bible shows, but my statement was regarding faith in God. I think God showing himself would make faith too easy. I don't mind faith eventually becoming that easy, but, I think, we need a time where we have a struggle with the self and try to find the divine sword among the false swords and hold on to his rope and see his guiding spirit. I think we can see God if we train our hearts to look towards the divine light and perceive his existence if we train ourselves to reflect.

This makes our relationship to God a more enriching choice.

(May 10, 2014 at 7:24 pm)Kitanetos Wrote:
(May 10, 2014 at 7:23 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I would also add God existing within us in an imperfect way makes a diverse human experience which is more enriching if we are all infallibly guided in a perfect way with perfect access.

No.

A comfortable lie should never be more valued or preferred over the harsh truth of reality.

I agree on that notion. But in this case I think reality is that we are partially eternal and partially temporal, our beauty and greatness is eternally based but at the same time it's in the temporal world and finite, we are manifestations of both ourselves and the eternal (the divine). All praise is linked to his glory and is such that it is his. The world around us, even art, manifests an eternal consciousness, an eternal mind frame, an eternal logic, but we perceive it in semi-eternal temporal way.

I hope that isn't too confusing, but this is what I have found reality to be. I can't divorce God from reality because it seems everything is manifesting eternal/temporal reality which only makes sense with an absolute eternal creator.

It seems the need for eternal basis also makes all levels of possible creativity, beauty, glory, greatness, honour, all exist in some reality at an ultimate value.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050. Nishant Xavier 270 12979 September 30, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1456 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Question about "faith" rockyrockford 428 34497 December 22, 2020 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2787 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Why Science and religious faith are in conflict. Jehanne 28 7825 May 1, 2017 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  My atheism religious faith is being shaken... Won2blv 37 8777 November 14, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Thoughts On Atheism and Faith ray3400 107 12648 October 12, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Atheism "now world's third biggest 'faith'" madog 23 4661 July 30, 2016 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith yukapuka 306 37875 January 18, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  I have an active faith houseofcantor 20 5930 October 12, 2015 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet