Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050.
Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050.
"There will be over 2.6 billion Christians worldwide by the middle of 2023 and around 3.3 billion by 2050, according to a report published in early January by the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary.

The 2,604,381,000 estimate for mid-year 2023 Christian population total is a 44,506,000-person increase from the mid-year 2022 total."

From: https://goodfaithmedia.org/global-christ...n-by-2050/
RE: Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050.
Actually, Islam will soon surpass Christianity

Quote:In the next half century or so, Christianity’s long reign as the world’s largest religion may come to an end, according to a just-released report that builds on Pew Research Center’s original population growth projections for religious groups. Indeed, Muslims will grow more than twice as fast as the overall world population between 2015 and 2060 and, in the second half of this century, will likely surpass Christians as the world’s largest religious group.

While the world’s population is projected to grow 32% in the coming decades, the number of Muslims is expected to increase by 70% – from 1.8 billion in 2015 to nearly 3 billion in 2060. In 2015, Muslims made up 24.1% of the global population. Forty-five years later, they are expected to make up more than three-in-ten of the world’s people (31.1%).

More than a third of Muslims are concentrated in Africa and the Middle East, regions that are projected to have the biggest population increases. But even within these high-growth regions – as well as others – Muslims are projected to grow faster than members of other groups. For example, Muslims in sub-Saharan Africa, on average, are younger and have higher fertility than the overall population of the region. In fact, Muslims are expected to grow as a percentage of every region except Latin America and the Caribbean, where relatively few Muslims live.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/...ous-group/

So unless Christians go back and introduce death penalty for leaving Christianity (as Muslims have for leaving Islam) Christianity is history.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Lol. Since you're an Atheist not a Muslim, why dont you post the stats for World Atheism instead? Too afraid/ashamed to do so, because of its pathetic prospects? Lol.

I agree with those Catholic Theologians who oppose Death Penalty in the world today for any reason whatsoever and want to help the Muslim World reform some of its issues on that.

I will explain shortly with data why Christianity will actually surpass 3.3 Billion and probably touch 4 BN Souls by 2050.

As for Christian-Muslim relationships, there are a few non-negotiable conditions for Peace between Christians and Muslims (1) Muslim Countries that do so should stop persecuting Christians and grant them all the Full Rights and Complete Freedom that Muslim Friends who live in Christian Countries justly have and (2) there is no Second Condition.
(July 27, 2023 at 3:06 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Lol. Since you're an Atheist not a Muslim, why dont you post the stats for World Atheism instead?

Because I wanted to show how weak Christianity is, that even Islam will surpass it.

But yeah, atheism already surpassed Christianity in some European countries.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Lol. So you still don't want to post the Sorry Stats for World Atheism? Understandable, but I'll start doing it for you. From NPR: "Atheists, agnostics and those who do not affiliate with religion will make up a smaller percentage of the world's total population by 2050 — even though the group is growing in the U.S. and Europe." https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod...-is-rising

Now, let me explain why not only NPR's claim about Christians in 2050 even Good Faith Media's (of 3.3 BN, OP) is ACTUALLY UNDERESTIMATED FOR ONE SIMPLE REASON: THE 2022 STATS.

Here is is again: "2,604,381,000 estimate for mid-year 2023 Christian population total is a 44,506,000-person increase from the mid-year 2022 total."

Again, rounding of those numbers to 2.6 BN and 45 MN, the slightest ability to calculate shows you Christianity will then most likely add at least a further 450 MN Souls into the Kingdom of God within 10 years, I.e. Will surpass 3 BN Souls for the Lord Jesus Christ by 2033 itself, just in time for the Glorious 2000th Anniversary of Our Lord and Saviors Resurrection! Wow!! Hallelujah!!! Praise the Lord.

And extrapolating to about 30 years into the future, near 2050, we should be able likewise to see Christianity will touch 4 BN Souls by then. Christianity is the Greatest, the Most Glorious, the Most Successful, the Most Prosperous, the Most Generous Religion that has ever existed, just as Jesus Christ is the Greatest, the Most Glorious, the Most Successful, the Most Prosperous, the Most Generous Person Who has ever existed.

The World's 10 BN Souls will probably look like this in 2050:

1. Christianity far ahead ruling the field and owning the game at 4 BN.
2. Islam in 2nd place at around 3 BN.
3. Hinduism in 3rd place at 1.5 BN.

That already accounts for 8.5 BN or about 85% of the expected World's Population at the time.

4. Buddhism and the World's Folk Religions at around 1 BN.
5. Atheism at around 500 MN or less. Let's hope that Militant Atheism - a fringe of a fringe that believes God not only does not exist but also, absurdly, that it is allegedly EVIL to believe that He does, which is itself Evil on their part - will be 50 MN or less.

If Christ and, say, Darwin or Marx were running for King of the Universe, Christ would be owning and Darwin/Marx losing badly.
Nishant Xavier Wrote:Lol. So you still don't want to post the Sorry Stats for World Atheism?

I didn't post about atheism because this is not a topic about atheism.
I did post about the rise of atheism, in fact, I have a whole topic dedicated to it. You might want to visit it
https://atheistforums.org/thread-64308.html

Not to mention that Christianity is so pathetic that you linked to the article that says how Christianity will lose (to Islam). The article claims that atheists will still be a minority in the world but only because it speculates that atheism spreads by birthrate - which it does not.

Nishant Xavier Wrote:If Christ and, say, Darwin or Marx were running for King of the Universe, Christ would be owning and Darwin/Marx losing badly.

Marxism is losing, but atheism is not. Real losers are pedo enablers and pedo cheerleaders like you
(July 27, 2023 at 2:41 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: "There will be over 2.6 billion Christians worldwide by the middle of 2023 and around 3.3 billion by 2050, according to a report published in early January by the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary.

The 2,604,381,000 estimate for mid-year 2023 Christian population total is a 44,506,000-person increase from the mid-year 2022 total."

From: https://goodfaithmedia.org/global-christ...n-by-2050/

Ok, how do we stop this? I'm willing to do my part! (I'm betting things like books are involved...)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Militant Atheists lying slanderers and Genocide Enablers like you, "Fake Messiah" will keep losing and should repent of your lies and slabders against me. But of course your pathetic false religion has no Commandment against bearing False Witness, while our Holy True Christian Religion does. That's another Reason why ours is true but yours is false.
(July 27, 2023 at 4:13 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
Nishant Xavier Wrote:Lol. So you still don't want to post the Sorry Stats for World Atheism?

I didn't post about atheism because this is not a topic about atheism.
I did post about the rise of atheism, in fact, I have a whole topic dedicated to it. You might want to visit it
https://atheistforums.org/thread-64308.html

Not to mention that Christianity is so pathetic that you linked to the article that says how Christianity will lose (to Islam). The article claims that atheists will still be a minority in the world but only because it speculates that atheism spreads by birthrate - which it does not.

Nishant Xavier Wrote:If Christ and, say, Darwin or Marx were running for King of the Universe, Christ would be owning and Darwin/Marx losing badly.

Marxism is losing, but atheism is not. Real losers are pedo enablers and pedo cheerleaders like you

(Bold mine)

Fair point. Atheism spreads by education and rational thinking. Religion spreads by fucking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So, the take-away from this is that religious fanatics will continue to breed like rabbits even though the planet can barely sustain the current population.

Also, that you're REALLY bad at insults.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1462 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Question about "faith" rockyrockford 428 34621 December 22, 2020 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2815 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  What date do you estimate atheism will overtake theism in the world population Coveny 49 13138 September 12, 2017 at 9:36 am
Last Post: mordant
  Why Science and religious faith are in conflict. Jehanne 28 7827 May 1, 2017 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  My atheism religious faith is being shaken... Won2blv 37 8783 November 14, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Thoughts On Atheism and Faith ray3400 107 12658 October 12, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Atheism "now world's third biggest 'faith'" madog 23 4672 July 30, 2016 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith yukapuka 306 38020 January 18, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  I have an active faith houseofcantor 20 5933 October 12, 2015 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet