Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"God's Not Dead" Movie?
"God's Not Dead" Movie?
So, I went and seen "God's Not Dead" in theaters, was wondering if anyone else seen it? Tongue

Basically, all they did was portray non-believers as rude and indecent people. Which also fuels the stereotype even more for all the Christians who went and seen it.

Also, by the end, every non-believer that was in the movie had been converted into Christian because they were pushed into a tough situation, which is very inaccurate. Correct me if i'm wrong, but this almost never happens.

Also at one point, the main character asks his Atheist professor why he "hates god". At that point, all the rednecks in the theater were like "OHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIT". I said out loud, "Atheist don't hate God because they dont believe in him." It honestly just infuriates me how theyre depicting non-christians as mean, indecent people, when in reality that's not the case.

Oh yeah, also, what would a christian-based movie be without an appearance from a Duck Dynasty character?! I think they did this mainly to draw in more people so everyone can come see the biased view at atheists, or non-believers for that matter, as there were several other characters with other religious backgrounds that converted by the end of the movie as well.

Anyways, if anyone else seen, i'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts!
RE: "God's Not Dead" Movie?
I make a habit of not watching silly rubbish.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 10, 2014 at 9:18 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: I make a habit of not watching silly rubbish.

I mainly watched it just to see how biased it was going to be.
I've seen parts of it here and there but as always instead of it making a legitimate argument for religion it just painted a picture of how being anything but is stupid. That's how religion works.. Yell scream and lie until the less intelligent and easily manipulated people follow you. Then those people grow up have children and before the children can make a decision for themselves they fill them full of lies and brainwash them. It's kind of like a virus spreading though out the population.. The cure? Knowledge.. which is getting easier to find by the second.
In a universe full of infinite possibilities what can happen, will happen.

(May 11, 2014 at 1:10 am)Darkstar Wrote:

This video is hilarious.. the "captain my captain" part.. lmao i almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard.
In a universe full of infinite possibilities what can happen, will happen.
(May 11, 2014 at 1:10 am)Darkstar Wrote:

My favorite part;

[Image: QzmDuUP.gif]
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
That film would give me high blood pressure.
I shall never watch it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

He got saaaavvvvveeedddd......d *channels Charlie the unicorn*
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I almost pooed myself with the Matt Damon thing. I was about to post this video, too.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scripture Is False And The Biblical God Is Dead. Authari 301 21348 January 27, 2023 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 29503 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  God is Dead Rant ManMadeGod 5 1814 December 14, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: ManMadeGod
  Tomorrow is a pleasantly surprising good day for science-loving movie goers. Mudhammam 3 1322 November 7, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Atheists: The NEW go-to movie villian TheDarkestOfAngels 14 4369 September 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Atheism worships a dead god. Eilonnwy 73 23410 September 5, 2010 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Existentialist