Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Requests Satanic Prayer Before Town Council Meeting
Man Requests Satanic Prayer Before Town Council Meeting
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/09...96409.html

I would like to know Christians thoughts on this. Do you think its fair? I'm no satanist.. i think he is as fictional as God but if you open the door for one religion then why not all? If its okay for you.. why not everyone else?
In a universe full of infinite possibilities what can happen, will happen.
RE: Man Requests Satanic Prayer Before Town Council Meeting
The guy with the petition is not really a Satanist, either. He's just using Satanism as a tool to prove a point.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Thank God for the Dark Lord and his minions!
ROFL, saw that one coming... be careful what you wish for, Xtians.
(May 10, 2014 at 10:18 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: The guy with the petition is not really a Satanist, either. He's just using Satanism as a tool to prove a point.

Thanks.. i forgot to mention than lol.
In a universe full of infinite possibilities what can happen, will happen.
(May 10, 2014 at 10:30 pm)Raeven Wrote: ROFL, saw that one coming... be careful what you wish for, Xtians.

[Image: 013-prayer-in-school-careful-wish-for.jpg]
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(May 10, 2014 at 10:05 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote: I would like to know Christians thoughts on this. Do you think its fair? I'm no satanist.. i think he is as fictional as God but if you open the door for one religion then why not all? If its okay for you.. why not everyone else?

Blah blah majority opinion blah blah Christian nation.

Or something like that.
(May 13, 2014 at 8:55 am)RobbyPants Wrote:
(May 10, 2014 at 10:05 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote: I would like to know Christians thoughts on this. Do you think its fair? I'm no satanist.. i think he is as fictional as God but if you open the door for one religion then why not all? If its okay for you.. why not everyone else?

Blah blah majority opinion blah blah Christian nation.

Or something like that.

Actually, it's "Having to host invocations from other religions violates my rights, because I don't believe in those religions."

Yeah, just try and unravel the logic of that one. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 10, 2014 at 10:05 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/09...96409.html

I would like to know Christians thoughts on this. Do you think its fair? I'm no satanist.. i think he is as fictional as God but if you open the door for one religion then why not all? If its okay for you.. why not everyone else?
Go for it as far as I'm concerned.

Town council meetings are among the most boring things on earth. I doubt he really wants to sit through them just to make a point. He'd likely do it once for the headlines and quit.

And, from my point of view, he makes an excellent representative for atheism, what with the festivus pole made of Pabst cans and all.
(May 10, 2014 at 10:18 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: The guy with the petition is not really a Satanist, either. He's just using Satanism as a tool to prove a point.

Too bad. I think real satanism deserves equal representation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1323 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2769 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4072 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Satanic Seven Tenets Smedders 0 438 December 29, 2019 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Smedders
  The Satanic Seven Tenets Smedders 0 303 December 29, 2019 at 6:36 am
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 515 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 653 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Intercessory prayer is pointless RobbyPants 93 10087 October 27, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 16165 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3233 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker