Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baking Soda Cure?
Baking Soda Cure?
My mom (who is heavily steeped in pseudoscience in nearly all areas of human thought) is constantly sending me materials from this guy's site. From what I can tell, he's basically trying to cure everything with baking soda:

Quote:Dr. Sircus’s approach is humanitarian because it pays attention to the majority who cannot afford expensive medical treatments or pharmaceutical drugs. With the Natural Allopathic Medicine protocol, people with limited funds can make use of the top three medicinals mentioned above—magnesium chloride, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), and iodine—to inexpensively treat most health problems. Add breathing retraining, CBD, superfoods, vitamin C, plenty of water good enough to be called a medicine, enough sun, daily magnesium massages and one will improve or cure almost any ailment.

http://drsircus.com/about-dr-sircus-treatment-method/

These are his prestigious credentials: "Dr. Mark Sircus, Ac., OMD, DM (P) (acupuncturist, doctor of oriental and pastoral medicine)"
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Baking Soda Cure?
These "treatments" will work IF one has skin ailments imho. Certainly WON'T cure the common cold, viral infections, internal ailments....etc.

Seems like he is just a businessman seeing an opportunity to capitalise on a cash strapped ignorant public

ETA: He forgot to add the Apple Cider Vinegar Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Next up, cure cancer with the 11 herbs and spices!
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(May 15, 2014 at 8:29 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: Next up, cure cancer with the 11 herbs and spices!

ROFLOL

Already been done...... KFC
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I sent my mom a bunch of links showing her how this guy is crazy. Her reply: "You are young and naive"

Ok, or maybe you're just old and senile?
My ignore list

Yeah, don't you just love how our parents still think of us as know nothing babies?
(May 15, 2014 at 8:46 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: I sent my mom a bunch of links showing her how this guy is crazy. Her reply: "You are young and naive"

This is the part where you demand a replacement irony meter.
Quote:(acupuncturist, doctor of oriental and pastoral medicine)"

In other words....

[Image: th?id=HN.608041896092958849&pid=15.1]
Have you considered the possibility that this woman kidnapped you as an infant?
My step-dad thinks he can repair our house with duct tape alone. I maybe it's just a weird guy thing. Don't worry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleach cure claims another victim Doubting Thomas 17 2111 October 30, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Cancer Cure? catfish 14 4076 March 30, 2013 at 1:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Faith healers that claim they can cure cancer. downbeatplumb 23 7503 June 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Darth