Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Jesus is not the messiah.
Why Jesus is not the messiah.
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html

A reason-by-reason explanation from Aish as to why Jews do not view Jesus as the messiah.

It seems Jesus failed a FUCKload of qualifications that most Christians aren't even aware of. This is a laundry list I want to shove in the face of every asshat who says that atheists take the bible out of context to suit their arguments, because they do it to an extreme themselves. A lot of the things Jesus supposedly did to fulfill prophecy are already things we say was squared to fit the circle...but he didn't even manage to fit into the square itself. Christians on here who accuse atheists of not understanding the source material of their religion should look in the mirror with this one and realize their whole divergent belief is based on a prophet who failed to meet their source material's source material's (whee, redundancy!) requirements to being the messiah.
Quote:What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

As we all know, this has, for over 2,000 years, been a colossal failure. In fact, you could even go so far as to say (and I know I will) that this so-called messiah drove humanity further from perfection, universal peace, and recognition of God...at least in the context of recognition of what God is.

Quote:Specifically, the Bible says he will:

Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Haven't seen it.
Quote:Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Hey, Israel, Palestine, how's that shit going for you guys?

...Oh...

...Not great. Gotcha.

Quote:Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
Jesus did the complete opposite of this; "I do not come for peace, but to bring war, father between son, brother between brother, all shall put each other to the sword in my name." He failed the moment he supposedly opened his mouth to spew this shit. On top of this, well...the crusades. I need say nothing further.

Quote:Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Christians fail to realize that their proselytizing does not count in regards to the messiah here; the messiah was the one who would bring forth universal knowledge of the god of Israel. Not his followers. The messiah.

Quote:If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

QED...

Quote:Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

In other words, Christians try to square the circle.

Here's some other seriously major ones:

Quote:A. Messiah as Prophet

The Messiah will become the greatest prophet in history, second only to Moses. (Targum - Isaiah 11:2; Maimonides - Yad Teshuva 9:2)

Prophecy can only exist in Israel when the land is inhabited by a majority of world Jewry, a situation which has not existed since 300 BCE. During the time of Ezra, when the majority of Jews remained in Babylon, prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets ― Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi.

Jesus appeared on the scene approximately 350 years after prophecy had ended, and thus could not be a prophet.

Whoopsie, looks like the son of god is a Johnny-Come-Lately! OMNIPOTENCE, OMNISCIENCE! 8D

Speaking of him being the son of god, by the way...

Quote:Many prophetic passages speak of a descendant of King David who will rule Israel during the age of perfection. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:7-10, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:11-31, 37:21-28; Hosea 3:4-5)

The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10, Isaiah 11:1, Jeremiah 23:5, 33:17; Ezekiel 34:23-24). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father ― and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David. (1)

Whoopsiedaisy, looks like that whole demi-god thing-

Quote:According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (2) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

WHOOPS, amirite? Looks like all the hype his followers built in those days to give him validity really bites 'em in the ass when you look at the source material, 'uh?

Quote:The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. For example, John 9:14 records that Jesus made a paste in violation of Shabbat, which caused the Pharisees to say (verse 16), "He does not observe Shabbat!"

See, every time a Christy says some bullshit like "the old laws are no longer needed! god changed his mind and said so via his messiah!" I instantly call them out on their bullshit. The god of the old testament goes from an angry, wrathful, unapologetic god to suddenly being a limp-wristed schizophrenic pussy, the source material says the messiah will not change anything about the mitzvot and yet he does, and they warn against this kind of thing from the beginning? None of the Christies notice this?

Well of course not, because their entire fucking religion is taken out of context.

And my most favorite entry...

Quote:Throughout history, thousands of religions have been started by individuals, attempting to convince people that he or she is God's true prophet. But personal revelation is an extremely weak basis for a religion because one can never know if it is indeed true. Since others did not hear God speak to this person, they have to take his word for it. Even if the individual claiming personal revelation performs miracles, they do not prove he is a genuine prophet. All the miracles show ― assuming they are genuine ― is that he has certain powers. It has nothing to do with his claim of prophecy.

Man, they sure nailed it on the head there, huh?

Quote:Judaism, unique among all of the world's major religions, does not rely on "claims of miracles" as the basis for its religion. In fact, the Bible says that God sometimes grants the power of "miracles" to charlatans, in order to test Jewish loyalty to the Torah (Deut. 13:4).

JESUS WAS A CHARLATAN. ROFLOL Enjoy living with THAT looming over your head while you're bowing it before that stupid meat-on-a-T-stick altar at your church...

Quote:Of the thousands of religions in human history, only Judaism bases its belief on national revelation ― i.e. God speaking to the entire nation. If God is going to start a religion, it makes sense He'll tell everyone, not just one person.

I still don't believe in any kind of religion, Judaism included, but they're speaking some serious sense here. Why the fuck would god reveal only to a single individual when he could just go "WELL. BITCHES. I'M HERE." Apparently he intended to do so; why did he suddenly decide not to?

Quote:“Can omniscient God, who
Knows the future, find
The Omnipotence to
Change His future mind?”
― Karen Owens

Quote:Maimonides states (Foundations of Torah, ch. 8):

The Jews did not believe in Moses, our teacher, because of the miracles he performed. Whenever anyone's belief is based on seeing miracles, he has lingering doubts, because it is possible the miracles were performed through magic or sorcery. All of the miracles performed by Moses in the desert were because they were necessary, and not as proof of his prophecy.

But hey, who needs to look at this kind of stuff when we burn in hell if our faith is challenged and we don't accept the narcissistic egocentric liar as our savior, right?
RE: Why Jesus is not the messiah.
I like your gusto, but you're using fiction to try and disprove fiction.
Yeah, but anyone who believes the Christ fiction will have to deal. Worthy effort.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 24, 2014 at 10:09 am)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: I like your gusto, but you're using fiction to try and disprove fiction.

The most efficient method of demolishing a structure is to take out its foundations.
Which is why archaeology has destroyed the bible.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-bibl...0684869131
Christian response:

"He will."
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Uh, yeah.

The fuckheads never address why it is that 'god' needs two bites at the apple.
Quote:Why Jesus is not the messiah.

He's a very naughty boy!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 24, 2014 at 12:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Which is why archaeology has destroyed the bible.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-bibl...0684869131

Thinking doesn't make it so..

For a destroyed book it seems to upset many.

Is Christ the Messiah .? Well the only ones who say he's not ,are the ones with the most to lose .
so,we have to always consider the source..
Then again, those who have the most to lose, if he was the Messiah , wouldn't even exist if He was not . think about it.
The only ones who say he is are the ones who expect rewards from him.

Fearing hell is not the motive for any rejection of the Christ myth, because if Christ was real, that would be entirely counterproductive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham Foxaèr 724 60965 August 1, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 8739 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Again??? This is why Jesus keeps well away Cyberman 25 5084 September 18, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8089 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 40288 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  Jesus Christ Probably Did Not Exist Michael Schubert 41 14362 September 17, 2013 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11494 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  10 Reasons Why Beer Is Better Than Jesus Rokcet Scientist 28 10742 February 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Jesus is NOT the reason for the season. A Pagan friend of mine posted this on FB: LarissaAnn 4 3011 December 12, 2011 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Nappeun
  Hosanna! The new Messiah is revealed! Rokcet Scientist 3 1707 March 2, 2011 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist