Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:27 am

Poll: What causes rape?
This poll is closed.
Guns
13.89%
5 13.89%
The victim dressing provocatively
8.33%
3 8.33%
Alcohol
8.33%
3 8.33%
The rapist
61.11%
22 61.11%
Weed
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns = rape
Guns = rape
So having followed closely recently 2 particular threads on guns and rape, it never occurred to me that no one would mention the quite obvious correlation between rape and guns.

The statistics have shown (just take a look at the gun thread) that violent crime has everything to do with guns being legal. I mean, it's just blatantly obvious by looking at these stats (which I've shamelessly stolen from someone else):

Quote:The UK has the second highest overall crime rate in the EU.
It has a higher homicide rate than most of our western European neighbours, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The UK has the fifth highest robbery rate in the EU.
It has the fourth highest burglary rate and the highest absolute number of burglaries in the EU, with double the number of offences than recorded in Germany and France.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...a-U-S.html

Clearly because this is from the daily mail we can trust this information to be presented in a factual and completely unbiased way. But this information would seem to suggest that legalising guns makes 'Murica safer than the UK? Because we all know us limey's can't get access to guns right? Yet we have more violent crime than anywhere else!!

But wait, I just found this through extensive research that may just sway your opinion on the whole gun debate:

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info...rime/Rapes

If you look at this source that took me just 2 seconds to look up from a simple google search, America is ranked 1st in rape crime! So although the UK has more violent crime overall (which could be anything from a scuffle to murder), America has more rapes. Seems pretty clear cut to me, that because guns have so much to do with 'violent crime' statistics, guns must be one of the leading causes of rape in America. I mean, isn't it about time you guys woke up to reality? Guns obviously have something to do with America's crime problems, the stats don't lie.
RE: Guns = rape
You are missing the obvious choice here.

It is penis' that cause rape, although in some rare cases it is a vagina that causes rape.

We need to enact serious penis control laws to stem this terrible tide of violence..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
We should just make rape legal. Wink

"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 26, 2014 at 9:10 am)Kitanetos Wrote: We should just make rape legal. Wink

It would solve America's clear rape problems. And people wouldn't have to buy so many guns.
I'm disappointed that Marijuana isn't on the poll as a cause.

I know that when I was smoking weed, drinking boos and shooting guns with my fellow retard Americans, we were looking everywhere for women to rape. Didn't see any, and we ended up raping some poor sap on a cart.

.....that was a good day on the golf course.
[Image: smilie20whistling_and_rolling_eyes.gif]
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 26, 2014 at 9:52 am)Cinjin Wrote: I'm disappointed that Marijuana isn't on the poll as a cause.

FTFY
Let's pass a law stating that only women can legally own firearms and see what happens to rape statistics.
(May 26, 2014 at 10:15 am)Cato Wrote: Let's pass a law stating that only women can legally own firearms and see what happens to rape statistics.

That would be as disastrous as giving women the vote.
Rapes reported. Something tells me that if all rapes were reported in nations in the middle east [not likely to happen since doing so means a death sentence], the rankings would be muuuch higher, at least if you went on a percentage of population basis. Then there's the whole thing where rape reporting in Canada is apparently unbelievably low, according to a couple news articles I remember reading on...I THINK it was Huffington Post. It might've been a Canadian news source, actually. In honesty, I can't remember what the source was, so I can't link to the articles. I don't think I need to link to any sources about the middle east rape problem, though; we already know what happens to women who get raped and it gets found out, there...

I'm not surprised, though, that European nations don't have as many rapes as we do; they tend to be a bit more on the stable side of things. As I mentioned before, we seem to have some serious issues with the mental health of individuals in this country. It doesn't help that in the US at least (I dunno about European nations in this regard), mental illnesses are stigmatized. We have this weird thing with people saying that psychiatric and psychological illnesses are bullshit and that we can just "think our way out of them."

Hell knows that's some bullshit. The last few months, I've been plagued by what apparently is clinical depression. I've had really bad brain fog and a detachment from enjoyment of activities I normally enjoy, more so than usual. In fact, much more so than usual. It's not something I can think my way out of; no matter how much I fight and struggle to break the mental haze, detachment, and debilitating loss of concentration, I can't fight it off or mitigate it to the slightest amount. I bet you anything that if I mentioned this to people, there'd be quite a few who would scoff and airily inform me I'm just not trying hard enough or some garbage.

Doesn't help that we've continued to be plagued by our puritan origins, which keeps translating into sex being treated like such a taboo topic. Sexual repression and misinformation doesn't exactly breed a healthy mindset in regards to sexuality...
Would never happen if vaginas had guns.

(May 26, 2014 at 9:10 am)Kitanetos Wrote: We should just make rape legal. Wink

Following the lead of such upstanding, socially advanced societies like Saudi Arabia? It's about time the west began oppressing women again. If only they stopped complaining about rape and such, we'd all be living in utopia by now, where everyone is armed and nobody can shoot anyone for fear of being shot.

We can dream, guys and girls. We can dream.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down RE: Rape Apologetics no one 6 670 July 23, 2021 at 9:58 am
Last Post: no one
  Harvey Weinstein guilty of rape charges, turns himself in dimitrios10 0 269 May 26, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: dimitrios10
  Ban guns? Brick-top 22 7966 November 20, 2016 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Feminist Threatens to Rape Herself Anonymously LOL Shell B 38 10571 August 26, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Differing degrees of rape? lifesagift 154 18482 October 22, 2014 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Rape Bob Kelso 85 20698 May 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Losty
  What to do if someone tries to rape you Mudhammam 143 22109 March 25, 2014 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  guns, Guns, GUNS! Drich 79 22477 January 14, 2014 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Drich
  [split] I like to necropost :) (was Feminist reports rape threat made by self) Mothonis 6 3730 December 31, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Liers and fires and guns oh my. Brian37 50 13169 December 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy