Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Mormons knocked on my door today
Two Mormons knocked on my door today
American, dressed in shirts and ties, perfect teeth, good looking apple pie faces and flat top haircuts. Their smiles dazzled me. This is exactly how it went down:

Ist Mormon "Good morning Sir! How are you today? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your saviour? "

Me "No, I don't believe in it"

2nd Mormon "Have you read the book of Mormon ?" (offering a copy)

Me " Ah nah thanks I have read some of it before it just read like a storybook. I don't think it's true"

1st "Did you pray to Jesus about that?"

Me "Yes he told me it was all bollocks"

They actually didn't know what to say in reply. They both just stood speechless. It was a great moment.
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
RE: Two Mormons knocked on my door today
I would pay good money to see that. Well played.
Well played Sir! Well Played!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I am so lucky I don't have to deal with that shit where I live.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
I've been gone that my neighbors barely know if my home is occupied.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
GG vodkafan!

Although you'll never beat that guy who angrily charged at them screaming and swinging a fucking sword while wearing nothing but his pants (I read about it some time ago, but I just can't seem to find it anymore!).
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
And that's why I always have fava beans on hand.
(June 1, 2014 at 7:58 pm)oukoida Wrote: GG vodkafan!

Although you'll never beat that guy who angrily charged at them screaming and swinging a fucking sword while wearing nothing but his pants (I read about it some time ago, but I just can't seem to find it anymore!).

Was that in America or UK? Lol I guess they really caught him at a bad time or something...
ROFLOL
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
IIRC it was in America, the guy was drunk as fuck and had been playing boardgames all night long with his friends. Then, while they were sleeping (in the morning of course) a woman knocked on the door and she was there with two children!

And of course, shit hit the fan when the guy realised he had a fucking broadsword in an umbrella case.

It must have been hilarious.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(June 1, 2014 at 9:04 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: And that's why I always have fava beans on hand.

Hehehehe...
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion summed up in two words UniversesBoss 0 473 November 26, 2022 at 1:19 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Somebody came up to me offering to pray for me today ReptilianPeon 57 7026 October 8, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: tackattack
Question Door knocking Darwinian 13 1070 September 18, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5430 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The obsession with exactly two levels robvalue 12 1434 September 17, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2459 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Two questions for theists. Edwardo Piet 19 2732 May 13, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: surreptitious57
  So today at the bank................ Brian37 72 11865 March 15, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Banned
  Looks like there might be Mormons ambushing people shoppers today... ReptilianPeon 23 3377 February 3, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  door to door recruitment.. atheist04330 90 11081 August 7, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Dystopia