Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home.
Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home.
Well, this is depressing.

Quote:The Galway bones turned out to be human and are thought to be all that’s left of almost 800 children who died miserably in the institution that was referred to locally simply as “the Home,” infamously run by Bon Secours nuns. The deaths occurred over a period of 36 years, between 1925 and 1961, the year the Home was finally shut down.

I wonder how the apologists are going to spin this one?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home.
Died in service . . ., er, died servicing a deve priest ???
(June 3, 2014 at 12:24 am)Esquilax Wrote: Well, this is depressing.

Quote:The Galway bones turned out to be human and are thought to be all that’s left of almost 800 children who died miserably in the institution that was referred to locally simply as “the Home,” infamously run by Bon Secours nuns. The deaths occurred over a period of 36 years, between 1925 and 1961, the year the Home was finally shut down.

Gods plan blah blah blah,they werent true believers blah blah blah...

something like that
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

Can't say I'm surprised.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

They were sinners?
They just tossed their bodies into an unused septic tank? This really is quite depressing. :/
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I bet the AFA doesn't call for a boycott of Catholic themed stamps.

I assume you're only addressing Catholics?
(June 3, 2014 at 11:05 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: I assume you're only addressing Catholics?

Whosoever would defend such a thing, really. I don't really care about denominations, just whether or not your first instinct would be to attempt to excuse or downplay what happened here.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 4, 2014 at 1:40 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(June 3, 2014 at 11:05 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: I assume you're only addressing Catholics?

Whosoever would defend such a thing, really. I don't really care about denominations, just whether or not your first instinct would be to attempt to excuse or downplay what happened here.

I think you would find that your only beef here is with the Catholic church, since the protestant churches formed in "protest" of the Catholics.

Even they had the good sense to see that Catholicism was evil.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 32572 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 354 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1099 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 3878 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1382 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1336 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 773 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1909 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 8783 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2522 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama