Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Coke
Green Coke
I heard on the radio that Coke is coming out with a new line in green cans which is sweetened with Stevia. Is this out yet? Anyone tried it? Red can Coke is my favorite beverage. Actually, it's my third favorite, behind McDonald's Coke and glass-bottle Mexican Coke.
RE: Green Coke
Is there a significant difference between Mexican Coke and the garden variety, or is it just the glass bottles? Thinking

Not that I'm impugning glass bottles or anything, I'm just kinda interested in the idea of regional colas. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
you like McDonalds Coke?
staggering!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 20, 2014 at 8:06 am)Esquilax Wrote: Is there a significant difference between Mexican Coke and the garden variety, or is it just the glass bottles? Thinking

Not that I'm impugning glass bottles or anything, I'm just kinda interested in the idea of regional colas. Tongue
First, glass bottle isn't a "just." Packaging affects taste. Glass bottle is best, then can, then plastic.

Second, Mexican Coke is made with real sugar rather than corn syrup. I don't know if the difference is real, or imagined, or due solely to the glass bottle, but it's good Coke.
(June 20, 2014 at 8:19 am)alpha male Wrote: First, glass bottle isn't a "just." Packaging affects taste. Glass bottle is best, then can, then plastic.

Second, Mexican Coke is made with real sugar rather than corn syrup. I don't know if the difference is real, or imagined, or due solely to the glass bottle, but it's good Coke.
These two I can (no pun intended) attest to.
Glass bottles are getting harder to find, at least in my area, but they do taste a whole lot better than plastic or aluminum.

Same goes with sugar vs corn syrup, although I think that's slightly less of a distinction.

For what it's worth, Pepsi is releasing a 'real sugar' line now.
(June 20, 2014 at 8:19 am)alpha male Wrote: First, glass bottle isn't a "just." Packaging affects taste. Glass bottle is best, then can, then plastic.

Absolutely true, but glass bottle Coke isn't impossible to obtain without setting foot in Mexico, that's why I was asking if there was anything to distinguish it further. Tongue

Quote:Second, Mexican Coke is made with real sugar rather than corn syrup. I don't know if the difference is real, or imagined, or due solely to the glass bottle, but it's good Coke.

That's what I wanted to hear: I think it's cool that I can visit other places and see even familiar, stalwart foods that are made slightly different.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Was I the only person hoping he was going to say Mexican coke still had cocaine in it?

It might've been worth tracking a bottle down if that was the case.Smile
Wiki had this shocking list of Pepsi variants from Japan. I'm thinking 'cucumber' might be disturbingly memorable. The 'pink' actually sounds good, and I note there is a Jolt Cola inspired one too!! Knowing their bent for seafood, I guess I am surprised there isn't an uni Pepsi. Appreciate the topic!!

Pepsi Azuki: An azuki bean-flavored limited edition Pepsi released on October 20, 2009.
Pepsi Baobab: A baobab tree fruit-flavored, limited edition Pepsi released on May 25, 2010.
Pepsi Black: A soda, similar to Pepsi Dry, with 50% less sugar than regular Pepsi, and blacker in color, released in Summer 2012, by Suntory.
Pepsi Blue Hawaii: A summer 2008 limited edition, pineapple and lemon-flavored Pepsi, blue in color.
Pepsi Caribbean Gold: A limited edition, golden-colored, white sapote fruit-flavored Pepsi released on July 26, 2011.
Pepsi Carnival: A tropical fruit-flavored Pepsi available in Japan for a limited time that debuted in summer 2006. Later Released as Pepsi Summer Mix in 2007 in the US, however the formula was most likely different.
Pepsi Dry: Limited edition non-sweet (but not completely sugar-free) Bitter Pepsi variant released by Suntory on May 24, 2011.
Pepsi Ice Cucumber: Limited edition green, cucumber-flavored Pepsi sold in summer 2007.
Pepsi Mont Blanc: a Limited edition Pepsi based on the French chestnut dessert. Sold for a limited time from October, 2010.
Pepsi Pink: Limited edition pink, strawberry milk-flavored Pepsi released on November 8, 2011 for a limited time.
Pepsi Red: Released in 2006, it had a ginger flavor that was somewhat spicy.
Pepsi Shiso: Limited edition green shiso-flavored soda sold during summer 2009.
Pepsi Strong Shot: A limited edition Pepsi, with a high concentration of caffeine and with extra carbonation.
Pepsi Tropical: Short lived drink that was available in the United States, UK and Japan in late 1994.
Pepsi White: Limited edition Pepsi with yogurt flavor, sold in 2008.[12]
Salty Watermelon Pepsi: A watermelon flavored Pepsi, sold in Japan in June 2012 for a limited time only.
Pepsi Extra: sold in Japan.
Pepsi Nex Zero: sold in Japan.

Cheers!
(June 20, 2014 at 8:09 am)ignoramus Wrote: you like McDonalds Coke?
staggering!

I was going to say this. It's the same kind of crappy mixture they use in restaurants and pubs. It's not even real coke. It's a shitty substitute syrup mixed with soda water. Gah. Confused Fall
(June 20, 2014 at 8:19 am)alpha male Wrote:
(June 20, 2014 at 8:06 am)Esquilax Wrote: Is there a significant difference between Mexican Coke and the garden variety, or is it just the glass bottles? Thinking

First, glass bottle isn't a "just." Packaging affects taste. Glass bottle is best, then can, then plastic.

Since corn syrup is commonly used as a thickening agent in food preparation as well as a cheaper sweetening alternative to suger, Corn sweetened coke probably has a less watery texture than sugar sweetened coke.

Stevia is known to leave a bitter aftertaste with some people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 6879 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 936 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Top Ten Green Jobs. The Grand Nudger 15 3992 August 3, 2012 at 4:03 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko