Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Silly Kudos Thread
The Silly Kudos Thread
On a whimsy, with no particular agenda in mind and with very little forethought, I thought I'd ask the following questions.

When it comes to giving kudos:

1 Are you extremely selective or do you give them out simply if you agree with the poster?
2 Do you ever take back a kudos?
3 Do you ever give kudos to members that you really dislike?
4 Do you know members that you feel give out too many kudos?
5 What sort of post is most likely to gain a kudos from you? (funny, intellectual, sarcastic etc.)

When it comes to receiving kudos:

1 Do you feel you currently get the kudos you deserve?
2 Do you ever post solely in the hopes that you will get kudos?
3 Are you disappointed when no one kudos a post you made that you feel is brilliant?
4 Are there specific members whose kudos you value more than others?

(I've been day-drinking. Don't take this thread too seriously. Big Grin )
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: The Silly Kudos Thread
(June 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote: On a whimsy, with no particular agenda in mind and with very little forethought, I thought I'd ask the following questions.

1 Are you extremely selective or do you give them out simply if you agree with the poster?
5 What sort of post is most likely to gain a kudos from you? (funny, intellectual, sarcastic etc.)

3 Are you disappointed when no one kudos a post you made that you feel is brilliant?

(I've been day-drinking. Don't take this thread too seriously. Big Grin )

A: Usually if I agree

A: Not yet . . .

A: Yes, when they've said something that I genuinely agree with

A: No

A: All of the above

A: No. I'm utterly brillians and deserve more

A: No, since I am brilliant kudos should be expected and I'm often surprised when it's not forthcoming

A: See 1 and 2, above. Disappointed? No. Shocked at the audacity of my fellow boardmembers: Yes.

A: No. All acknowledgements of my brilliance are treated equally

Note: Just having fun with some answers.

Wink Shades Angel
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote: 1 Are you extremely selective or do you give them out simply if you agree with the poster?
1 - Depends, if they say almost exactly what I would I give it a kudos and don't bother posting.
2- If I misread or misunderstood the post at first
3- I don't dislike anyone here
4- Me, if I'm in a good mood the kudos flow
5- Anything that makes me laugh

(June 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote: 1 Do you feel you currently get the kudos you deserve?
1- The more I work on a post the less kudos it gets.. One liners are good for kudos
2- Why else would I be here.. aside from rep points of course
3- Yeah, sometimes it makes me feel I'm being ignored. Usually somebody gives them a week later when they read it which is awesome Big Grin
4- The more active members. I feel I know them better so it feels more earned.
(June 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote: On a whimsy, with no particular agenda in mind and with very little forethought, I thought I'd ask the following questions.

I'm pretty selective, but I kudos more than I post.

Quote:2 Do you ever take back a kudos?

I have definitely kudos'd the wrong post and had to take it back, but it's only ever happened a few times, and I've realized it right away.

Quote:3 Do you ever give kudos to members that you really dislike?

Yes, but I will admit I'm more discerning in those cases.

Quote:4 Do you know members that you feel give out too many kudos?

Probably, but I'm not naming names!

Quote:5 What sort of post is most likely to gain a kudos from you? (funny, intellectual, sarcastic etc.)

Probably intellectual, but I'm not picky Smile

Quote:When it comes to receiving kudos:

Yep.

Quote:2 Do you ever post solely in the hopes that you will get kudos?

Nope.

Quote:3 Are you disappointed when no one kudos a post you made that you feel is brilliant?

I've cried over this.

(just kidding)

Quote:4 Are there specific members whose kudos you value more than others?

Yes, but, again, I'm not naming names :p

Quote:(I've been day-drinking. Don't take this thread too seriously. Big Grin )

I think I'll join you!

1. A bit selective. Not only must I agree, as it must be well delivered!
2. When I press the button by mistake... happens too often when using the mobile version.
3. I dislike no one.... but there are a few who I don't expect to give kudos and, sometimes, they surprise me, thus deserving them.
4. Kichi used to... now she's not around so often... Sad
5. Funny yes.... well delivered also.

(June 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote: When it comes to receiving kudos:

1. No, sir, I don't.
2. Never... but, after writing a very nice post, kudos are expected to follow.
3. Following the previous answer, duh!!!
4. The old-timeys - minimalist and stimbo and Zen Badger. It's more difficult to surprise the old folks and get their approval. Sorry kids! Tongue

This whole post was absolutely serious. More absolutely than any absolute morality coming from WLC's mind!
Quote:1 Are you extremely selective or do you give them out simply if you agree with the poster?

Selective.

Quote: 2 Do you ever take back a kudos?

Not as yet, but I've been tempted.

Quote:3 Do you ever give kudos to members that you really dislike?

Rarely, but it has happened.

Quote:4 Do you know members that you feel give out too many kudos?

Can't say, as I don't track it.

Quote:5 What sort of post is most likely to gain a kudos from you? (funny, intellectual, sarcastic etc.)

Devastatingly on-point.

Quote:1 Do you feel you currently get the kudos you deserve?

Yes. In fact, I've been surprised at some of the kudos I get.

Quote: 2 Do you ever post solely in the hopes that you will get kudos?

No.

Quote:3 Are you disappointed when no one kudos a post you made that you feel is brilliant?

lol, no.

Quote: 4 Are there specific members whose kudos you value more than others?

Yes. Further deponent saith not. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
1 Are you extremely selective or do you give them out simply if you agree with the poster? Pretty selective unless I'm intoxicated.
2 Do you ever take back a kudos? Extremely rare. I like to stand by what I do and say.
3 Do you ever give kudos to members that you really dislike? It's happened.
4 Do you know members that you feel give out too many kudos? A couple, but that's they're prerogative and I see no problem with that.
5 What sort of post is most likely to gain a kudos from you? (funny, intellectual, sarcastic etc.) Funny.

1 Do you feel you currently get the kudos you deserve? Of course not. Every post I make deserves a record setting number of kudos.
2 Do you ever post solely in the hopes that you will get kudos? Yes, but only in the threads that are made by idiot theists who don't deserve a real response.
3 Are you disappointed when no one kudos a post you made that you feel is brilliant? Yes. Additionally, I want someone to repost it in the Epicness thread.
4 Are there specific members whose kudos you value more than others? Yes. Some of you are far more brilliant than others.
Also, I have never gotten a kudos from Esquilax, so his kudos is like the Holy Grail of my inner kudos collection. Tongue
[Image: Evolution.png]

1. I believe in free kudos
2. Only when I slip
3. Yes
4. No
5. All of the above

(June 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote: When it comes to receiving kudos:

1. Haha
2. No lol
3. Meh
4. They're all good
(June 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

Finally! An interesting thread Wink

1. I can be quite selective but I don't often mean to be, it depends a bit on my mood.
2. I have very rarely, but only if I've misunderstood the post or the poster has really (and I mean really) got themself into my bad books.
3. If they make good posts, sure why not.
4. Too many kudos? That's a thing?
5. Concise posts, funny posts, interesting posts, clever posts... everything that mine aren't.

Cinjin Wrote:

1. Yeah, I do. Although I always want more. One of my favourite things on this forum is that I can see who finds my posts interesting. Some people might not need the validation from random internet strangers, but what the hell, I think it's rather a nice thing. Certainly makes me feel better anyway.
2. I only ever post in the hopes that I will get kudos.
3. Hell yeah.
4. I'm not naming names. Tongue
It is almost impossible for me to give kudos to someone because tapatalk doesn't have a provision for it. I am rarely on a computer to do it.

I wish this could be corrected because there are plenty of times I would like to give kudos.

Btw I can give kudos or likes or whatever on most other forums on tapatalk.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some silly trivia questions arewethereyet 7 602 March 29, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1055 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  How many pages of "Kudos" do you have? Foxaèr 31 1380 December 17, 2020 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Preppers don't look so silly now. onlinebiker 41 2027 March 31, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4119 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Have "likes" and "kudos" polarized our society? CapnAwesome 35 4309 January 4, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Let's play a kudos game called "the creationist 15" ErGingerbreadMandude 5 881 October 12, 2017 at 6:33 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Silly FB memorial. Foxaèr 0 301 November 10, 2016 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Kudos Excited Penguin 81 5922 July 17, 2016 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Silly Lighthearted Fun And Frolics Thread Edwardo Piet 34 2817 April 30, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet